1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Market Install

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by whitewolf69, Jun 6, 2011.

1. whitewolf69

whitewolf69 Lurker
    None

Jan 6, 2011
    As with possibly a lot of other people I have only been able to install Market 1.82 nothing higher. If I tried all that would happen is force close after you agree to google terms.

For the moment I have installed Black Market 2.2.7 and it is opening and working correctly for the last few hours without a problem.

The only problem I did have was when I was using another market APP and got redirected to Google Market to update the APP the force close issue happened again

So I started again from Market 1.82 and upgraded to Black Market 2.2.7 and all is working again.

I did a LOGCAT while the force close was happening and found this is main error among others

06-05 18:54:58.778 E/AndroidRuntime( 3522): java.lang.SecurityException: Permission Denial: writing com.google.android.gsf.settings.GoogleSettingsProvider uri content://com.google.settings/partner from pid=3522, uid=10100 requires com.google.android.providers.settings.permission.WRITE_GSETTINGS
    06-05 18:54:58.778 E/AndroidRuntime( 3522): at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:1247)

So what I have done to fix this for the moment and hopefully for good I found that I was using WIFI at the time I had upgraded to new version of market and found Force Close Issue.

So I started from scratch again with 1.82 and used 3G mobile not WIFI to agree to google terms for a working a market 1.82.

Then closed market and updated to Black Market 2.2.7 then again using 3G mobile not WIFI to log into and agree to google terms again and found working Market that isnt force closing for now.

After this is done you can then use WIFI to get into Market without issue.

Hope not to confusing here.

Advertisement

2. whitewolf69

whitewolf69 Lurker
    None

Jan 6, 2011
    Spoke to soon using some other APPS seems to cause it to revert back to force close

3. apetronic

apetronic Lurker
    None

May 23, 2011