1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Market issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by epiphany, Nov 28, 2009.

1. epiphany

epiphany New Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Hi, I made a search for a thread with my problem but was unable to find one, sorry if this has already been covered. On tuesday I got locked out of my phone, I was unable to sign in via my gmail to unlock it so I was forced to do a hard reset. After this was done my phone was working fine, or so I thought. After a day or two I noticed that my marketplace was not working. When I try to open it I get this message:
    "Sorry!
    The application Market (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly.
    Please try again." and I have to force close it. This has now been happening for half a week and is getting really annoying, as I don't want to have to reset my phone yet again and re-enter everything. Thanks.

1.) Model Number ? HTC Dream
    2.) Firmware Version ? 1.5
    3.) Baseband Version ? 62.52s.20.18U_3.22.20.17
    4.) Kernel Version ? 2.6.27-9af60ed4 u70000@android-X01 )
    5.) Build Number ? 1.86.631.1

Carrier ?Rogers

Country you are using your phone in ? Canada

Advertisement

2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Student
    London
    Hi Epiphany and Welcome to the Forums :D

Looks like your Market may have got corrupted somehow during the Hard reset , So I beleive it looks like your going to have to do another hard reset and hopefully it would have gone through fine.

Also , Just a HINT for anyone: If I'm correct When you get that log in screen on the Phone such as the OP... You only put the First part of the email before the "@" symbol. This has caught a few people out leading them to hard resets too

Carl :)

3. epiphany

epiphany New Member

Nov 28, 2009
    I just did a second hard reset, and the market still is not working. So I guess I'll need to go get a new phone then?

And on the second point, I tried many combinations, just the name, name@gmail, name@gmail.com etc. Nothing would work and it seemed my phone wasn't even communicating with google as the moment I pressed enter it would say invalid username or password.

4. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Student
    London
    Yeah , I would say go for a replacement. If your still having issues with the Marketplace and done a hard reset to restore the Android OS to it's factory state. Then theirs nothing really else to do {that the average consumer can do} but a replacement :)

5. dspenca

dspenca New Member

Jun 1, 2010
    This happened for me. Removing the Mem card prevented the fault occuring.

Think I either have a corrupt file on the MEM card or the MEM card its self is faulty.

(orginal 4gb card)

6. The_Anarchist_Connection

Nov 3, 2010
    I got your answer. ;) well this happened to me to so I went to settings> applications> manage applications, then I scrolled down to "market". First I cleared the Cache, then I force stopped it, then I unistalled all the the updates. don't worry you'll still have android market on there. After that you just re-open Market and it should work. :D

farufas likes this.
  7. farufas

farufas New Member

Dec 22, 2010

Man this issue was bugging the hell outta me, recently put android on my HD2 but your post did the trick.....thanks dude.

Tags: