• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

market missing in x10

Here is a link saying which places have Supported the Android Market Publishers & Saudi Arabia is listed

Supported locations for free publishers - Android Market Help

That's the list of places where people can publish free apps from. It's different from the list of places where people download free apps. It was linked on the page you provided, and is here:

Supported locations for distributing applications - Android Market Help

Unfortunately, Saudi Arabia is not listed.

Upvote 0
The market is location sensitive so the only way to get around it is to debrand your phone to somewhere in the world that allows market access eg UK. The following link is for a thread on this and there is a further link to an external site that gives a tutorial on debranding. I'm sure if you have a bit of a google you may find some more info.

http://androidforums.com/sony-ericsson-xperia-x10/63676-debranding-your-xperia-x10.html

Here is another link for a debrand guied picked up from a similar thread on XDA..

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=195467

Upvote 0
hi,.im new at the forum,.and have a new xperia x10i,.but having the same problem,.i work here in saudi arabia, and i bought my phone here,.and it has no market application also, i followed the thread and tried to restore the phone,.but no luck,.can debranding work for this model?i checked on the settings and the build number is R1FA014.. thanx,.,pls help me,.,:(

Upvote 0
Yes you can debrand a biggi too, many have. I haven't so I can't comment on how it all works tho. XDA developers site is another good one to get info on doing techy stuff to the phone if you want to gather a bit more info before doing anything to your phone.

Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 - xda-developers

Have you tried updating your phone as the most recent firmwares are R2BA02* the last digit seems to depend on location and carrier.

Reactions: mushy
Upvote 0
hey..i am frm saudi arabia..is der any chance i can download any apps without d android market and d file manager..plz guyz help!!!!!! i dont have android market available here ....

i had the same problem too,.but i think i have a solution for that,.just go to your phone's browser or even through your laptop and check for www.getjar.com. there you can download apps without needing android maRket,.,:)

Upvote 0
guys...i have the same problem!

i bought an xperia x10i from saudi arabia(i reside in india now) n it doesnt have android market pre installed in it.It doesnt even have a file manager or an apk installer.

wat should i do?...i tried to follow the thread...but couldnt understand much as im new to android.

i tried to restore factory setting without any success...wat shud i do now?

should i debrand it? or is there any other solution..

if i should debrand it then wat country should i debrand it to?
India or United states or someother country?

plz reply ASAP!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones