• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Market movies fix for rooted users

I don't know if this will work on other roms, or if it is just for das bamf sense 3.0 on the thunderbolt, as I found this on the xda forum, but here it is:
1. Download "Terminal Emulator" from the market.
2. Open Terminal Emulator
3. Type

Code:
su
mount -o rw,remount /system
mv /system/xbin/su /system/xbin/mu
reboot

To Revert type:

Code:
mu
mount -o rw,remount /system
mv /system/xbin/mu /system/xbin/su
reboot

Leave a comment if it works on other roms, phones, etc.

The only issue with this is it will remove superuser access to apps that need it. So you would have to run this command, rent/watch the movie, run the undo command if you want to do anything that requires root. I have not been tempted to rent a movie but if this work could you compare the quality to netflix quality?

Upvote 0
I haven't tried it myself. I found the fix after I bought the movie, found out it didn't work, and got a refund. For how easy it is to get around, I feel kinda jerkish for cursing Google so bad in the email. I'm just not happy with VZW & HTC for creating a need to root. I would have left my tb stock if it just worked stock. :mad:
I mainly posted it here because i couldn't find it in here, and XDA/team das bamf forums are a bit too techy for my skills, so I figured there was more peeps like me!

Upvote 0
After you posted it I googled "system/xbin/mu" and it seems to be posted in many forums at XDA, I pay for netflix streaming and Amazon streaming I do not see much of a reason to rent movies from the market to watch as well when I have 2 nearly identical librarys I can already watch :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones