1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Market place search results

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by richard.tufty, Jun 9, 2011.

1. richard.tufty

richard.tufty Newbie
    None

Jan 28, 2011
    Can anyone tell me how to stop my EVO returning lots of results from a search in the market place that are all titled with Japanese (I assume it's Japanese, I am no expert on languages though) characters?

The search function is bad enough (search for "Google compass" and you'll get loads of results, very few with "compass" in the name, none with "Google", many with Japanese names) but filling it up with apps that are clearly not designed for the language my phone is set to is even more annoying.

The only filters I can find in the settings area of the market place are for adult content, not language.

Google really need to tighten up the results produced by a search, language problems aside. If I search the web for "compass" using Google.com I get lots of useful compass related material. The marketplace, not so much. Bit crap for a search company really!

Advertisement

2. CradleForAKing

None

Jun 9, 2011
    Hmm... Correct me if I'm wrong, but google doesn't have a compass for android. I've done multiple searches and I haven't found anything of the sort. As for the foreign language stuff, I'm afraid I am of no help there (although, I don't think you can do anything about it).

3. richard.tufty

richard.tufty Newbie
    None

Jan 28, 2011
    I guess that's kind of my point. There is no Google Compass, so why do I get hundreds of results from a search for it? I just did the search now and got 316 hits. Around 50% are in a foreign language too.

It just seems to me that the search results could be tightened up a bit! Amazon's Appstore search produces far fewer results, but then I guess there are far fewer app on it...

4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    Do you have the location-aware setting turned on by any chance? (Honest, not sarcastic, question)

Tags: