• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Market problem?

No, I believe there's a difference. AFAIK, nandroid backs up EVERYTHING (ROM, apps, settings, etc) at one time, like a photograph. When restored, everything is thrown back on. Titanium is different in that it's not concerned with the ROM, but it will back up the apps one by one (though it can do the copying all at one time), so when you restore them, you get options that I don't think nandroid offers, like whether or not you would like the settings restored with a given app, or just install it fresh (on a case by case basis).

Oh I didn't know that. I think I'll start using Titanium back up. It does get annoying reinstalling every app one by one!

Upvote 0
@Lozer: You'll have to give each app you reinstall persmission again in the free version, though I suspect in the pay version (which I haven't tried yet) it may be different.

I had similar problem. I kept getting errors everytime I was trying to update any apps. well, my solution was moving most of my apps to my "internal memory" and the ones that were really heavy or I didnt use often stayed on my SD card. for now everything is running fine.

Picaso, are you getting "Error: Unknown - 18"? I was using that same workaround for a while, but (assuming that's the message you're gettiing) it'll continue to get in your way. There are apps out there that attempt to install part of themselves directly onto the SD card, before you even open it the first time (Angry Birds does this for example due to its large size). So, if you have this problem, you'll not only be forced to keep certain apps on the phone's memory instead of the card, you may miss out altogether on using certain apps in the future.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones