• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Market really..really slow

kenyu73

Oct 16, 2009
Upstate, NY
I just got a BOGO with my wife for the Facinate. I switch from a fully rooted/ROMed Incredible.

On both our phones, the Market loads and searches VERY slow on WiFi and 3G. My Incrediable loads/searches almost instantly while the Fasinate takes...3, 4, 5,..., 10secs at times. Downloads are slow too.

What's up with this?

Perfect example...

Opened Market --> Verizon

1)Dinc - 2 sec flat and results
2)Fascinate - 10 sec then "A network errored has occurred. Retry, or cancel..."

Again, both mine and my wifes do this (well, hers opened after about 6-7 seconds). Mine works if a try again.

Maybe its because my Dinc is on 2.2 and the Fascinate is 2.1...? Dunno, but it's a tad annoying.

Can anyone confirm that the Market isn't more or less instant on theirs? Basically, it shouldn't take 5-10 sec to do anything in the Market unless you have no service.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
After a bit more observation, it may be tied more into Fascinates WiFi. I'm in a bad area, so 3G is bare minimum, but I was in town today and the Market was OK, but once I got home and had to use WiFi, the market was alot slower. (again, the Dinc is fast with WiFi).

So, I'm wondering if WiFi isn't working with the Market well. Web seems fine though.

Upvote 0
A bit more observations.. well, my Dinc was working though WiFi even though the service was changed over to the SF... I just disabled my DInc WiFi... and it appears the SF is performing alot better on the Market.

Might be the fact that both "Gmail/Verizon" from each phone connection were confusing the Market... I dunno...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones