1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Market research and first Android app for a newbie

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by robertin75, Aug 16, 2011.

1. robertin75

robertin75 Lurker
    None

Aug 16, 2011
    Hello:

I work for a very small company and we are trying to see if an idea we have for an application would be worth to develop it (time, money, effort, etc.).

Can anyone recommend some strategies as to what to look for as far as planning?

I assume that I would need to investigate if there are any similar applications currently on the market.

Maybe reading at the similar apps reviews and try to improve them?

Or maybe discard that idea we have as there could be too many similar or very similar applications out there?

Thanks and help is greatly appreciated,
    Roberto

Advertisement

2. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    FG
    If you can give a general idea of what the idea is, no specifics needed just it would be an app to play audiobooks or what not, then we should be able to give more support to if the market is saturated or lacking in some respects to that idea.

3. RyanB

RyanB Guest
    None
    OP, it sounds like you have some pretty decent ideas already. In your shoes, I would google the very things you mentioned to see what others are doing, what kind of comments are being garnered, and what is being charged. If you can do it better for the same price, why wouldn't you succeed?

4. robertin75

robertin75 Lurker
    None

Aug 16, 2011
    Yeah, I would not like to disclose my idea or something closer to what the app would be.

RyanB:

I don't know if you are talking to me but I haven't mentioned any idea so far.

So that would be the only option? Google it?

Thanks for your help.

P.D. What is OP b the way?

5. RyanB

RyanB Guest
    None
    OP= Original Post(er). And yes, I was talking to you. Google your idea and see what you can find that may already be out there