• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Market sale - can't get any of them

CDPlant

Android Expert
Feb 9, 2011
Essex, UK
If you look in the market today, they are having an amazing sale. apps like minecraft, swiftkey and paper camera are all £0.10 or the equivalent currency. So I was quite upset to find out that apparently none of these are compatible.

I have tried two of the apps before and they've worked fine. Is anyone else getting this problem? I've tried the old and new markets and no luck with either. Tried.clearing cache etc but still nothing

Would you believe it - the new batch of the sale is out, and all of the apps are compatible :/

I did get Beautiful Widgets for 10p which is cool, but I really wanted Swiftkey and paper camera - but to be honest they are things I would pay full price for anyway. Not a good time to be spending money on apps though, my family will be wondering where their Christmas presents are :p

Upvote 0
I got some of them but things like Minecraft and SoundHound did not offer me the 10p price. I have written the Google to ask why

I think things are only on sale @ 10p for a limited time (like 1 day)... I thought I might as well get beautiful widgets, even though I'm not sure I'd use it (only 10p - why the hell not)!

Upvote 0
Just a heads up, if the dev of these apps doesn't have a UK based market account, your bank may be charging you for the transaction. So the 12-13p (the extra 2-3p is for Gideon and his boys) may actually equate to a bit more when your bank processes the transaction.

Oh dear... this isn't great news... I've been splashing out on stuff I wouldn't really have bothered with. I guess it's not like it's gonna be an extra

Upvote 0
After switching ROMs to RcMix, I have had no problem with getting any of the apps in the sale :)

It's def a ROM issue, I tried Black Ice this morning and couldn't download certain apps either. I also had issues restoring the G+ app via Titanium. The issue's mentioned in the black Ice thread on XDA and after trying some of the fixes my market kept FC'ing. I tried via the astro and the apk, that errored, it also wouldn't even install via adb.

In the end, I went back to CM7 and everything works flawlessly. Tis a shame, I really, really liked the look of Black Ice.

Upvote 0
It's def a ROM issue, I tried Black Ice this morning and couldn't download certain apps either. I also had issues restoring the G+ app via Titanium. The issue's mentioned in the black Ice thread on XDA and after trying some of the fixes my market kept FC'ing. I tried via the astro and the apk, that errored, it also wouldn't even install via adb.

In the end, I went back to CM7 and everything works flawlessly. Tis a shame, I really, really liked the look of Black Ice.

Once I had changed ROMs, I checked the market and I had about ~25 apps that needed an update. Turns out these ones weren't compatible with Blackice so they never came through to update when they were released.

I asked in the xda thread about this, and the problem everyone seems to have is that the DPI is changed down to 200 by default instead of 240, and the market doesn't seem to like it. A lot of people simply changed it back up to 240, but that would not work for me.

Indeed it is a shame, because it is a very good rom, it is so insanely fast and the battery life is fantastic. I also liked that the notification bar got a tweaking with some new logos.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones