1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Market stopped unexpectedly

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hanibutt, Mar 1, 2011.

1. hanibutt

hanibutt Lurker
    None

Mar 1, 2011
    Hi,

I have installed Market in my Sony Xperia X10 successfully but when trying to download any application it gives me an error.... "The application market (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly.Please try again".... :thinking:
    Some solution would be appreciated....

Advertisement

2. JDwan

JDwan Well-Known Member
    None

May 22, 2010
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    You can go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications and go to Market. Then you can select Clear data. After doing this go back into the Market and accept the Terms and Agreement stuff again and you should be fine after that.

3. charlyee

charlyee Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 18, 2010
    Electrical Engineer
    Wisconsin, USA
    My Market app does the fc as soon as it finishes a download and I have to clear cache and also uninstall updates, this is kind of tiresome and I wish there was a more permanent fix.

4. allambition

allambition Well-Known Member
    None

Sometimes I find that when downloading and installing apps if I start multi-tasking too much the Market crashes and the install fails. So now when I'm downloading/installing apps I just let it go and don't touch anything else on my phone. Android Market seems like a pretty resource intensive app and when you install apps it definitely slows the phone down. Anyone else have a similar experience? I don't know of any other way to get around that problem.