1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Market troubles

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SirEagle, Feb 6, 2011.

1. SirEagle

SirEagle Android Enthusiast

Anyone having trouble with the Market? I can't download anything, it justs sits there at starting download? Any ideas? Is it me or is the Market down?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. erisuser1

erisuser1 Android Expert

I tried it a couple minutes ago (2:41am 2/6/11 EST), and it seemed to be working.

I have flashed a lot of different ROMs in wildly variable orders - sometimes 2.2, sometimes rollbacks to stock 2.1, sometimes dev 2.1 ROMs, and even on occasion rollbacks to early Cupcake (1.5) ROMs. Sometimes over-flashing, sometimes wipe + new flashes; sometimes restoration of nandroid backups of older 2.1 and 1.5 ROMs.

In doing all this, I discovered that I could never be sure that the market would "remember" anything about my previous set of downloads - with the exception of purchased market apps. In many cases with 2.2 ROMs, a fresh install would restore all my saved settings (things like wallpapers, WiFi setups, etc) - and sometimes would remember all my previously downloaded apps (paid or free), and sometimes only some, or none of my free apps (but always the paid apps for sure).

However, I only remember one occasion where I got "hung up" like that. If it is still not working by the time you read this, I would recommend that you clear the data associated with the Market App via

Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications -> Market

and see if you at least get the market working. Once it is responding, though - I'm not really sure what you should expect from it.

eu1

ps Did you flash xtr over your existing ROM without wiping?

3. SirEagle

SirEagle Android Enthusiast

Tried all the cache and data wipes I read about. Reinstalled the new market and the older versions from .apk. Nothing seemed to work. Did a Nand restore from a few months ago and it worked. Then reinstalled the latest xtrSense and all is fine.

Thanks

4. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

That was probably your problem. FWIW, every time I flashed xtrSENSE, the market updated itself to the new version shortly after the first start. Unfortunately, CELB won't do that.

5. I have similar issues from time to time on Froyo ROMs. Here is what I do:

1) Run ErisMarketFix
    2) Menu --> Applications --> Manage Applications --> Market --> Clear Data.
    3) Reboot

ErisMarketFix is available on the market but also on AppBrain.

Eris Market Fix

HTC Droid Eris Forum

The HTC Droid Eris release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7600 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews