1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Market update?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by okley70, Aug 4, 2011.

1. okley70

okley70 Lurker
    None

Aug 2, 2011
    Just got the droid 3 on Monday. No new market on my phone but my wife has hers. So question is has anyone used com.android....dingAAD.apk to update? Was going to try it out. Let me know.

Advertisement

2. Coho1

Coho1 Newbie
    None

Jul 17, 2011
    My phone automatically switched to the new market, but I've noticed with two other people who have the Droid 3, they still have the old market.

3. Hoosiermama

Hoosiermama Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 24, 2010
    Mine updated to the new market yesterday. Not sure if I like it yet or not....

4. linuxgator

linuxgator Lurker
    None

Jul 20, 2011
    Somebody on another forum mentioned that if you kill the Market app, then in applications in the settings menu, select Market and clear cache and clear data, it will update. I haven't tried this personally since it showed up on mine on its own a few days ago. However, I did install it via an apk file previously and it worked, but did a factory data reset which lost it. The version that I installed via apk worked just fine.

5. okley70

okley70 Lurker
    None

Aug 2, 2011
    Somebody on another forum mentioned that if you kill the Market app, then in applications in the settings menu, select Market and clear cache and clear data, it will update. I haven't tried this personally since it showed up on mine on its own a few days ago. However, I did install it via an apk file previously and it worked, but did a factory data reset which lost it. The version that I installed via apk worked just fine.

Ya I tried to erase but didn't work. I think I will wait for it to push. By the way using USB tethering right now off the droid 3. Very fast just cancelled my cox internet saving 30 bucks!

6. chexx05

chexx05 Newbie
    None

Apr 24, 2011
    yea got my droid 2 weeks ago . i tried the force close. clear cahce and data and nothing..hmm.