• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Market updates- automatic versus manual

cmotion

Jan 24, 2010
So in looking at my apps on the market, when I have updates available, the word "Update" is usually written in orange. When I click on the update, it gives me the option to check the box to "Allow Automatic Updates". However, some of my apps have "Update (manual)" written in red, which do not allow automatic updates. Does anyone happen to know why some apps don't allow automatic updates?

I know that apps where the permissions have changed do not allow 'update all' to be selected - in which case you see 'manual' in your apps list.
I don't know if that also affects the Allow Automatic Updates field or not.

Yep, it's exactly that. You must manually ok all updates for apps that have changed permissions.

Reactions: cmotion
Upvote 0
The Market now shows that I have 10 apps installed. FAIL. It's been that way for a few days. I'm guessing that there is a Market update that hasn't been pushed to my phone yet.

Did you happen to do something like restore some apps from Titanium Backup?

Even if it is not that, typically installing an app from the market - any app - will reset the market connection the next time you look at My Apps. Also, you can try going into Talk, press menu and sign out, go back into Talk (to log you back in) and see if that's any better.

Reactions: bberryhill0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones