• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Market updates not installing - help.

Eperrine

Jan 23, 2011
Hi all. I recently rooted my S2, and since then, i've been having issues with my S2. When i download the updates, it says something like "Permissions for these apps have been changed". Two apps (Facebook for Android, Battle.net Authenticator) have said to me "Update unsuccessful". Do you think it's got something to do with the permission chances since i rooted my phone? Perhaps, is there a way to go into the app setting and change the permission? Thanks.

Try downloading apps via Wi-Fi connection, if that doesn't work you can go to settings, applications, all, market. There you can delete cache, delete data or uninstall updates for the market app. That sometimes does the trick. Are you using the new market? What Rom are you on? Custom or stock?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones