• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Market Updates?

benz981

Lurker
Sep 17, 2011
Hi all-

Just looking for some answers that people may have... I'm experiencing a minor annoyance on my Droid X. Every single day, my phone says "Updates are available." I click on that notification, and it takes me into the Market app. However... I never see any updates available! I only see the ones under "Installed" and "Not Installed" apps. I have clicked on the some of the apps under "Installed," thinking that the update may just be hiding... but it's not (just the routine "Open" or "Uninstall" buttons).

Why is my phone telling me every day that updates are available, and then not providing me with the choice to update? Anyone else having a similar problem??

Thanks!

I've had the same issue for the past week or so, but with a twist:

I had a manual update available for the Bank of America application, but did not install it due to the addition of the "read contacts" permission.

So I'd get a notification that I had two updates available, but when I went to My Apps, the only update was the Bank of America update.

No clue as to why the update count is off.

Upvote 0
If it only says open or uninstall, it is not the app that has an update. Scroll on down to apps that aren't installed. There you will find the updates that you are getting prompted about. Right now I have 3 updates on apps that aren't installed and I keep getting prompted about them. They are apps that I don't want to install which are V Cast Music, Verizon Video, and VZ Navigator.

Upvote 0
When in the market app: Menu> settings> uncheck "notifications". No more annoying app update notifications.

Thanks! You just answered the question I came here to ask (mostly, anyway). What I aim to do is fall back to an older version of the music player PowerAMP, and then I want to BLOCK any further update notifications specifically for PowerAMP. They really screwed up the newest update IMO, and I don't like the new version. For one thing I can't find where they hid (or eliminated?) the once-easily-used player setting to repeat folders, playlists, or whatever organized group of tunes you were listening to. I now have to manually restart the player when it hits the end of the list. :cool:

I check for Market updates manually periodically anyway, so this will provide an effective workaround. But if there is a good way to stop updates for a specific app title (perhaps there is an app for that?) I would like to know.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones