1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Market will not work since MR2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by System6, Jun 15, 2011.

1. System6

System6 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 8, 2010
    OK. So I waited and waited... I swore I wouldn't wipe and install MR2, but I just got sick of the reboots. I couldn't take it anymore and dove in.

While it was installing, all of them said "updating" except [8] TP said "Bypassed".

Phone comes back....new splash screen, wiped, all is well, but when I start to download from the market it hangs up after about 6 apps have installed, and starts giving the "Could not install error, try again...."

I try again, no luck. 3G...no luck. Wi-fi...no luck, hard reset again, no luck. So I start sending apps to my phone via the online market, but of course it says about 20% of the apps I had on their an hour ago "Aren't compatible with my device".

I don't want to be stuck having to update through the computer market place. Any ideas?[​IMG]

Again....Hard reset twice, formatted the SD card, cleared the cache and history from the market place and Downloader several times.... IDK what to do. Any advice. (Helpful ADVICE! IN BEFORE DON'T FLASH TEST BUILDS!)[​IMG]

Thanx! [​IMG]

P.S. YES, I also posted this over at XDA but I would REALLY like to fix this! I have no idea why it won't work, or what I can do! SO frustrating!

Advertisement

2. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Guest
    None
    Hmmm weird saw where people had problems with this. They said to clear the data in the application setting and sould work.

My market worked fine.

3. Romikemi

Romikemi Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 17, 2011
    OFL
    There was a brief point where market said apps I already had were not compatible. I waited awhile and eventually I was able to push an app. Meanwhile, I cleared data and cache on Market, cleared data on Download Manager, and restored apps from backup.

The error I was getting was "download of app failed". After trying a lot of things and asking the IRC crowd for help, eventually I pushed all the apps that web market thought I had installed. Once the installed apps were actually on the phone, Market somehow righted itself and I could then pull new apps directly from the phone-based market.

There are a lot of different ways that market can cause problems, and ours aren't exactly the same. Try the data and cache clears, try pushing all the apps web market thinks are installed, and hopefully you'll find it.

4. DroidSuks

DroidSuks Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 9, 2009
    is a smokey place.
    What ROM are you running?. The leaked MR2 only works with one of the GB Roms or the leaked Froyo RUU that is was pulled from... which I think is available over at xda. If you flash MR2 and are using the stock Rom you will get no data until your are on a compatible Rom.

If your not rooted you may want to consider flashing back to MR1 until they eventually release MR2 as an OTA. Although I think they have delayed it... again..

5. robrecht

robrecht Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    Senior Manager, Scientific Communications (pharmac
    No, the original leadked MR2 was only for nonrooted phones.

6. DroidSuks

DroidSuks Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 9, 2009
    is a smokey place.
  7. twistedlim

twistedlim Android Expert
    None

Jun 9, 2010
    Michigan
    Try to reload the update. I had the same issue and a reinstall took care of it.

8. System6

System6 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 8, 2010
    OK. So last night Google tech support sent me something weird which seemed like an act of desperation.

I had been told by many to log into and out of google talk several times and try it again. I had already done this and nothing happened.

Google told me to log into and out of google talk 10 times in a row or more. Sitting there in boredom and I gave it a shot. IT FIXED EVERYTHING!

My AE is here and it's going straight back. So yeah...log into and out of Google talk like you have OCD and BOOM! It's fixed!