1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Market won't accept youtube sign-in password

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Scarredwarrior, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Scarredwarrior

None

Aug 10, 2011
    When I get on to the market it ask me to sign into my you tube account. It already had my user name and I put my password in but then it pops up saying that "you entered the wrong password or your account has changed. Please re-enter your password." It doesn't give me a any other option. Then it ask me to enter several captures or captions, then it goes back to the same message about signing in. How can that's be fixed?

Advertisement

2. Tslide91

Tslide91 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Northeast u.s.
    o_O whoa dude. Your gmail login is what you need in the Market. If your password to the phone is different than the youtube one, it isnt going to work. I dont know what else to tell ya mane.

3. Evangeline

Evangeline Lurker
    None

Aug 26, 2011
    Yeah....well guess what...its happening to me as well...the market used not work. it was fine. i didn't change anything, didn't change any passwords, didn't select anything to change but now its asking me for my google signing for my youtube.com channel...the screwed up thing is that i put in the correct password but it wont let me in.

4. richieb123

richieb123 Lurker
    None

Aug 26, 2011
    It was happening to me, I cleared my "youtube" apps data in the 'manage apps' and reset my phone and it worked. try that

5. Braxlin

Braxlin Lurker
    None

Oct 25, 2011

Go into accounts & sync, Scroll down to manage accounts click the youtube account and remove that dang thing, I had the same problem but that worked.

V.Lee and lwheat like this.
  6. V.Lee

V.Lee Member
    None

Jan 22, 2011
    Thank you! I have been having the same problem. For a while now, I'd gotten away with going into applications and removing the updates and clearing things out... which worked until the next time it got updated. I had tried searching for the problem, but although I remember having seen it discussed on this site, couldn't find it. Then when I went to post a question, this thread popped up. So I deleted my youtube synch thingie, and have my fingers crossed.

7. pinkladee78

pinkladee78 Lurker
    None

Nov 7, 2011
    Thankyou so much, it worked :)

8. tess m

tess m Lurker
    None

Dec 2, 2011
    I NEVER comment on these forums, and actually registered just so I could say THANK YOU for fixing such an annoying problem! I can actually use the market on my phone now!!! :)

9. seraph31

seraph31 Lurker
    None

Dec 5, 2011
    i had same issue for long time.. but for youtube app i decided to sign in with my Hotmail email which is the acct my youtube is under apparently, instead of username@youtube.com, and that fixed the issue for me :]