• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Marketplace Account?

I'm waiting for the Nexus One, but until then, I've been looking at some apps I want. I want Beautiful Widgets and will definitely purchase it once I get my phone, but the developers latest tweet seems I may be running out of time.

Twitter / LevelUp Studio: HTC asks me to unpublish B ...

If I purchase the app using my friends G1, is there an account-type feature I would be able to carry to my phone when I get the Nexus One? I don't know if I'm wording it correctly, so if you don't quite get what I'm asking, please ask for me to try and specify.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking.

You want to buy the app on his phone and put it on yours? You could just use Astro or something to backup the application from his phone and transfer the .APK to your new one. You can then install it straight from the file.

Chances are though, HTC isn't going to be doing anything about his latest update. It's completely redesigned and doesn't infringe on anything HTC has. It was initially taken down because it was almost a straight port of the HTC Sense UI widgets.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones