• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Marketplace acting weird ....

BenDroid

Jan 8, 2010
Okay...I have got BB 0.5 installed and everything was fine. Enjoyed this ROM pretty much all day yesterday. Today though, I am not able to use marketplace at all. I can open it and press menu and downloads and it shows me as have nothing downloaded. I can search apps but it doesn't show everything. I thought that maybe something might be wrong with the marketplace but then checked my wife's phone and there is nothing that I can find wrong with it on her phone.

Anyone have any ideas on what is going on and how to get this problem fixed?

Okay, I understand that there might be quick clears and whatnot that could help remedy the problem but is this a problem that is more widespread than this. Out if the people here that are experiencing the same problems. Lets see if we have something in common to narrow this down for a fix.

I am using BB 0.5 with Slayher's 1.2 kernel. I believe that GirlLuvsDroid is using Slayhers as well and I know that Big Harry is (since I am the one who installed it). What kernel are you using Vamp?

Upvote 0
The stock kernel is just that I believe....stock. it is the one that came with the 2.2 update. It may be enhanced some way by Pete but not from what can tell in the changelog.

I just reverted back to BB 0.4 and am going to try another fresh install. I did not notice the comments of clearing cache until afterwards. Either way, I hope that is something that I am going to have to do everyday ... that would get annoying.

Upvote 0
Yea ... I did a fresh install of 0.5 and immediately got the same problem. All of my apps installed like they should have but I am still not able to view my downloads and also not able to get full search results when searching for an app.

Clearing cache through settings or recovery does nothing to fix it.

Going to try some other things and see what happens.

Ben

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones