• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MarketPlace and LogMeIn Issues

jono2000

Lurker
Jul 15, 2010
Is this a common experience?

I tried to purchase LogMeIn Ignition for Android via the marketplace, the purchase appeared to be approved, but the download failed repeatedly.

I called LogMeIn support who, frankly didn't seem to understand that they had an android application, I checked on their documents site and they have precisely no support docs or FAQ's apart from a pdf user guide although the section headings are there.

I needed to confirm whether the purchase had been completed successfully from the market place to start with. Big problem: apparently data isn't shared with the software company so they had no record of whether I had successfully purchased their product or not.

I gave up trying to install it and requested a refund. Which apparently happened instantly.

I then tried to restart and repurchase the application, only to be warned that if I repurchase it, then there's no way I can get a refund.

So I could well purchase a product that can't be downloaded, the software company doesn't take responsbility for because they don't know I've bought it, and I can't get a refund, or any technical help with this issue.

Is this the bright new web 2.0 in action?????:thinking:

If I were to use the barcode on the website to purchase the application would that be subejct to the same inane rules as the market place?

How can I get support on the failed download from the marketplace, is it the responsbility of google, or my phone carrier?

Is this a common experience?
Not in my experience. I've had one similar incident but I canceled the download and it succeeded on the subsequent attempt.

If I were to use the barcode on the website to purchase the application would that be subejct to the same inane rules as the market place?
If the barcode sends you to the Market, then yes, you'll have the same problems. Barcode vs no barcode doesn't mean anything in and of itself. It's just a matter of typing versus scanning.

How can I get support on the failed download from the marketplace, is it the responsbility of google, or my phone carrier?
Depends on the point of failure. We're just left guessing with the info you've provided. It's likely the Market itself but, as I said, it's difficult to say for certain.

Upvote 0
thanks for prompt reply.

basically i think the authorisation has failed (was carried out after liquid lunch and my fingers are a bit big......:))

i wanted to check that fact before messing around with account numbers repurchase etc.

it wasn't obvious how to contact the android market and check whether a purchase has been successfully transacted, as the app displayed "purchased", and the next step offered was to "install" for me, which brought up the downloading progress bar which flashed off after a second with the message download failed.

I think a little more account info and feedback may be useful within the market!!

Anyway the handsets still the best gadget I've bought for years.....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones