• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Marketplace *GONE* !

Koidenshi

Lurker
Nov 28, 2010
Hi all,

Android Version: 2.2, Baseband: 32.44.00.32U_5.09.05.30_2, Kernal 2.6.32.15-gd96f2c0htc-kernal@and18-2 #1 Build 2.14.207.1 CL233777 release-keys Software number 2.14.207.1

Network: O2
Taskiller Used?: What?
[Optional]Are You rooted & which Rom: No idea.
Issue:

I recently upgraded the phone, as requested (by my phone) to the latest version of Android. Problem was, when I clicked the link for Marketplace it said that the application no longer existed. I checked the programs list and it's not there - it's uninstalled itself!

I've Googled but I can't find a way to manually re-download the marketplace for my phone. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Don't know if this will help but I ran into something similar on a different phone. Did you click on the market icon on your home screen or from the applications screen? It may just be that the one on your home screen is taking you to the older version of the market which no longer exists on your phone. If you can access it from your applications, you can delete the one on your home screen and replace it with the new one.

Upvote 0
Don't know if this will help but I ran into something similar on a different phone. Did you click on the market icon on your home screen or from the applications screen? It may just be that the one on your home screen is taking you to the older version of the market which no longer exists on your phone. If you can access it from your applications, you can delete the one on your home screen and replace it with the new one.

That was my first thought, but Market doesn't appear anywhere in the All Apps menu or the Manage Programs screen, so I don't think it's on the phone at all?
Surely there must be a reinstaller somewhere though?

EDIT:
Just went into Applications > Manage > All. Under "M", the only relevant entry is:
Market Updater

It shows up as 0.0B for Total, Application, and Data (in other words, zero bytes, so nothing is there) and at the bottom under Permissions it reads:

This application can access the following on your phone:
com.android.vending.permission.UPDATE_MARKET_FAILURE

All buttons for stop, uninstall etc are greyed out. Also, there is no entry for "Market", "Marketplace" etc anywhere in the list.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones