1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Marketplace Installation Problem

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by JdhMac, Jan 29, 2011.

1. JdhMac

JdhMac Newbie
    None

Jan 24, 2011
    Student
    Cornwall, ON
    Hey guys, hopefully you can help me out with a problem I've been having since late last night.

I'm having a lot of trouble with my Android Marketplace. I can download, but not install ANYTHING. It just says "ERROR", that's it. And I've noticed something else, I seem to be able to get access to apps that I never could before, like the Amazon Kindle Reader, etc. that I always was told or read was for 1.6 or higher, and I haven't touched/changed a single thing on my phone. The Marketplace is just acting like this out of nowhere. But even when it comes to simply updating my already installed apps, they won't install, I just get the "ERROR" message, and the only option is to hit "OKAY" and go back to the Marketplace main page.

I was just curious as to if you've ever heard of anything like this or whatever.

Hopefully you have some idea of what I can do other than simply trying and trying again and again to download and install my apps.

Thanks guys.

By the way, I don't know if this helps but I'm running the Galaxy i7500 (1.5) and I'm on the Bell network just outside of Ottawa, Ontario.

Advertisement

2. JdhMac

JdhMac Newbie
    None

Jan 24, 2011
    Student
    Cornwall, ON
    Just a little update ...

Thanks to DaSchmarotzer ;) he directed me to another thread with a very similar problem, but the fix isn't working. I was told to clear the cache or uninstall the marketplace update if I could. I can only clear the cache, and that didn't fix the problem.

The only thing I can see right now is that those people had a marketplace update before their installation problem started, that's the thing, I haven't had anything change or updated. It just started acting like this out of nowhere; I haven't changed or touched a single thing on my phone.

3. JdhMac

JdhMac Newbie
    None

Jan 24, 2011
    Student
    Cornwall, ON
    ... anybody?. (LOL)

I'm still screwed w/ the lack of installation ability.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys,

Jonathan

4. barqers

barqers Android Expert
    None

Nov 5, 2010
    Hey, did you install any apps just before the errors started occurring?

JdhMac likes this.
  5. JdhMac

JdhMac Newbie
    None

Jan 24, 2011
    Student
    Cornwall, ON
    Yeah, it was either an update or a new app, but I'm almost certain it was the Facebook update.

If I think I know what you're getting at, clear the Facebook app cache, in other words, get rid of that update and things might go back to working?.

By the way, which I should've added earlier, it just seems that the marketplace is showing me apps that I can't install, by that I mean, apps for something higher than the 1.5 OS that I'm running. So I've been pretty successful with the apps that I can usually download and install, but all of the new, fancy ones that the market is basically teasing me with, I can't install/run on my OS.

It all makes sense now, but what I can't figure out is that before all of this, the marketplace never even "showed" me the apps that I couldn't install and run. But now I seems to get "everything" and have to figure out for myself which ones will work or not.

Anyway, thanks for your help and time man, it is appreciated.

pruta80 likes this.
  6. Alfkings

Alfkings Lurker
    None

Feb 2, 2011
  7. SukDeezNutz

SukDeezNutz Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 25, 2010
  8. pruta80

pruta80 Lurker
    None

Jan 7, 2010
    I'm so glad I read this because I've been going through the same thing trying to download apps. I just tested your theory and I was able to download a battery widget with no issues, while unmounted from the SD card but can't download the American Express app which makes sense now because I could never find it before and all of a sudden its there. Like you, I don't appreciate being teased with apps that aren't compatible with my phone :). oh well...thanks again!!!