1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support MarshMallow 6.0.1

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Android Question

None
    Ok guys and gals, here is a question for you...I have a S6 Edge Plus now on MarshMallow (Verizon)...When on Lollipop I could update or download apps on Google PlayStore through my home wifi..Now since MarshMallow I cannot...But here is the kicker the Galaxy Apps (just like play store) will download apps on my home wifi on MarshMallow and my wifes Note 5 is still on Lollipop with no problem what so ever...So I know the problem lies some where with Google PlayStore...Have done Factory Restore, Cache Reset and Reset Network Settings....Very frustrated!!! Any help would be greatly appericated...Thanks in advance

Advertisement

2. Tamoko

Tamoko Lurker
    None

Apr 24, 2016
    Male
    Also I have down a router reset...Thxs

3. Piram

Piram Lurker
    None

Mar 19, 2015
    It happend
    It happened to me also. First turn off WiFi. Switch off Mobile network. Restart the router. Then only turn on WiFi
    Now goto Google play store. It should start updating itself.

4. Tamoko

Tamoko Lurker
    None

Apr 24, 2016
    Male
    Sorry tried what you said and that didnt work either...Wait let me rephrase It only works for one downlaod and thats it...then I would have to do the whole process over...Thanks anyways

#4 Tamoko, Apr 25, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  5. k_sinner

k_sinner Newbie
    None

Apr 25, 2016
    Male
    Content editor for a mobile company
    UK
    the problem may lie with the google app store i have got a s6 edge plus my self i performed the update to the os and thought everything was fine then noticed several faults with apps opening and closing at will. Well i thought a reset would sort this but after some detective work i found that the automatic update setting in the google play store had changed and i had to go inot the play store and update manually. i did this for a few days then i had a notification from the play store that the setting had been changed. SO my suggestion would be the following as i took. firstly update the play store application you can do this by going into apps in the setting and updating the app. if there is no update available log out of the play store application. restart your device and then relog into your play store. This can sometimes boot an app update. if this doesn't help go into the playstore settings. then update apps it will ask you if your like to update apps when connected to wifi or any time select when connected to wifi this should resolve this problem. i suggest the problem doesn't lie with your wifi instead with the play store and sometimes android will update but the play store will not be able to function with the new OS or have problems.