• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Marshmallow comes to the Galaxy S2

ironass

Extreme Android User
Aug 17, 2010
Cotswolds, England
One of the best smartphones I have ever owned, is not dead. :);):D

CyanogenMod have released an Android 6.0.1, Marshmallow, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S2 model, i9100.

These are, at the moment, nightly, beta versions and should be flashed after a Factory Data Reset. Apart from the actual ROM, you will need to also install a Google Apps, gapps, .zip as well.

These ROMs are for experienced and competent users and extensive research and reading is recommended prior to flashing. See forum link, below. Flash at your own risk.

For more information, see...

[He's Not Dead, Jim] Samsung Galaxy S II Gets Marshmallow Through CyanogenMod 13 Nightly

CyanogenMOD 13 xda developers forum

CM13 download for i9100

gapps.zip

(Do not PM me with questions as I no longer have my trusty Galaxy S2. However, my neighbour still uses it on a daily basis :) )

Last edited:
This is great to hear that old devices are still alive and kicking in the land of CM.
However, if the S4 is anything to go by, I would stick with Lollipop, as it has lots of wifi/mobile data/BT/external-sd card issues.

Picky! Picky! Picky! :rolleyes:

Where's your Welsh spirit of optimism and adventure that gave the world the first manned flight, 7 years before the Wright brothers.

Bill Frost - the first man to fly?

These are nightly releases which means that they are updated on almost a daily basis with new modifications, bugfixes and enhancements. I'm on the Galaxy S5 release and Wi-Fi is fine and bluetooth is no problem with my headset. As for external SD card, there are workarounds. If I still had my S2, I know I'd be giving it a go.

Speaking of optimism, I know that old Hawker will not reply again today as he will be too busy watching Wales being given a damn good thrashing by Ireland in the Six Nations Rugby Union. He drinks while they play and even more if they win, (unlikely), and also if they lose, (very likely)... to forget! :D

(For the benefit of our American cousins... Rugby is like your, "soccer", but is played by really hard, tough, men who don't wear suits of armour or take endless breaks during the game. ;) )

Last edited:
Reactions: dynomot
Upvote 0
Speaking of optimism, I know that old Hawker will not reply again today as he will be too busy watching Wales being given a damn good thrashing by Ireland in the Six Nations Rugby Union. He drinks while they play and even more if they win, (unlikely), and also if they lose, (very likely)... to forget! )
But what if we draw butty?

Upvote 0
Do what you always do... drink double the amount old sheep worrier, as it isn't a lose or a win!

OK i shall, but only to keep you happy old stick!

It was also very satisfying to see @ironass insult the United States' national game on what is the largest sporting day in their year - Superbowl.

The Super what????
Is that the game where they wear all that padding and even helmets???
:cough:

It was nice to see the only side in the 6 nations to win the world cup beat the Scottish and retain The Calcutta Cup yesterday.

Here we go. We'll be talking about 1966 in a minute!

Last edited:
Reactions: dynomot and ironass
Upvote 0
It was nice to see the only side in the 6 nations to win the world cup beat the Scottish and retain The Calcutta Cup yesterday. It was also very satisfying to see @ironass insult the United States' national game on what is the largest sporting day in their year - Superbowl.
I don't have a clue what this thread is about.

Upvote 0
I don't have a clue what this thread is about.

Oh, do pay attention mikedt! ;)

Post #1, #2 and half of #3, are all about the new Marshmallow ROM for the Galaxy S2 model. Subsequent posts are the totally off topic, chit-chat and banter that always emanates whenever Hawker, Dyno, (Syd is missing), and myself get together in a single thread, a rare occurrence these days, whilst we wait for future posts, if any. Think of us as waiting... like coiled springs or greyhounds in the slips. Muscles and sinews tensed... brains in overdrive. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones