1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Marshmallow Not Showing All New Features

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by del2484, Apr 3, 2016.

1. del2484

del2484 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 19, 2009
    I just updated last night (S6 - Verizon) and after looking through all the tips to take advantage of the new features I'm noticing two things in particular that aren't working as they supposedly should be:

1) There is no "Memory" option under Settings allowing me to access the RAM Manager

2) I pressed and held onto the cog wheel for five seconds and it has not enabled the System UI Tuner. I'm using Nova Launcher and not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Anyone else experiencing this or know how to fix it?

Advertisement

2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    Hey @del2484, I've moved your thread over here to the SG S6 area for you...hopefully other S6 users have seen this and/or have a solution suggestion for you.

Cheers!

3. del2484

del2484 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 19, 2009
    @scary alien I appreciate you trying to be helpful but there is so little activity in this forum that it will almost certainly go unanswered.

4. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    No worries...I can see your point, so we'll try it back to the AQ area for you.

Cheers!

:)

mikedt and KOLIO like this.
  5. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Hasn't Samsung disabled, neutered or removed the storage management features of Marshmallow 6.0? That's what I've read.

scary alien likes this.
  6. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    Samsung have not included the "adoptive storage" feature of Marshmallow (allowing a removable storage card to be used the same way as internal storage, at the cost of encrypting it and losing some flexibility). I don't know about other features. And of course this is a Verizon phone, so they may have made their own changes to the software.

I doubt that Nova Launcher is relevant to this: neither of these things sound like launcher features, and certainly changes to the system settings are nothing to do with the launcher.

I have found a few posts online from S6 & S7 owners saying that their phones do not include the System UI tuner. Nothing clear either way on the RAM Manager (a few sites that talk about the MM update coming and then things it will include, but nothing to indicate that they were basing their articles on actual experience of the Samsung 6.0 as opposed to expectations based on the Nexus version).

If it's not included in the update then there will be no way to "fix" it, at least no without investigating rooting and custom ROMs (and from the little I know about VZW I doubt they are the most friendly carrier with regards to rooting).

del2484, scary alien and mikedt like this.