1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Marshmallow notification vibration broken

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Shad0X, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Shad0X

Shad0X Lurker
    None

Jul 20, 2016
    Hi,

Just updated my Note 4 to Marshmallow 6.0.1 today and it seems to have messed up the vibration for all notifications.

The vibration used to depend on the App, like 1 small vibration for text messages on Telegram, 2 vibrations for Facebook, short one for mails..

But now every time I get a notification (no matter what App) it's always 2 short vibrations like it used to be for Facebook. Only exception are phone / skype calls.

Any way I can get them working properly again without having to go into / changing individual settings or getting some 3rd party App to set up my own vibration patterns ?

It's super annoying when all notifications sound the same and you can't tell what App it was when you keep your phone on vibrate most of the day.. :/

Advertisement

#1 Shad0X, Jul 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  2. pdalper

pdalper Lurker
    None

Dec 20, 2012
    My husbands s5 does the same thing and it's annoying. Can't find a way to change it back. Vibration is set to 1 quick and he still gets 2 no matter what. I have the note 4, but I don't have the same problem.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 launched in 2014 as the company's flagship phablet. It has a 5.7-inch screen with 2560 x 1440 resolution, 3GB of RAM, and an impressive 16 megapixel camera.