• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Marshmallow notification vibration broken

Shad0X

Lurker
Jul 20, 2016
Hi,

Just updated my Note 4 to Marshmallow 6.0.1 today and it seems to have messed up the vibration for all notifications.

The vibration used to depend on the App, like 1 small vibration for text messages on Telegram, 2 vibrations for Facebook, short one for mails..

But now every time I get a notification (no matter what App) it's always 2 short vibrations like it used to be for Facebook. Only exception are phone / skype calls.

Any way I can get them working properly again without having to go into / changing individual settings or getting some 3rd party App to set up my own vibration patterns ?

It's super annoying when all notifications sound the same and you can't tell what App it was when you keep your phone on vibrate most of the day.. :/

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones