• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Marshmallow problems

maximumiq

Lurker
May 4, 2010
After the update a few days ago I have two annoying problems and one complaint.

Problem A

When i use G+ and press the link on an article of interest I get to a webpage masked as a G+ page. When I press back I get to the previous page I visited from the browser. This problem occur only if the browser is already active.

Problem B

When i edit a text like this one and I get a wrong word when Swyping, that wrong word is underlined in the text box. When i press delete only the last letter is deleted and not the whole word as before the update.

Annoyance A

The icons and colours are really really ugly in this version. It looks like something made for children. How can I get my own colours in there.

In general i am very unpleased with this update. I think it's ugly has to many weird changes and odd behaviour that only makes using the device unpleasant. I am considering an iPhone now since this looks like an iPhone after the last update but functions a lot worse. I'm really sad now.

Some things I'm noticing that kinda suck.....in battery stats it doesn't show time since last full charge anymore. Idk if this is how I configured my sd card but if I download an image it doesn't end up in my gallery and if I go to downloads and want to share it on instagram It doesn't connect. Also I agree with the icons I switched to nova launcher

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160819-171013.png
    Screenshot_20160819-171013.png
    126.6 KB · Views: 85
Upvote 0
After the update a few days ago I have two annoying problems and one complaint.

Annoyance A

The icons and colours are really really ugly in this version. It looks like something made for children. How can I get my own colours in there???

In general i am very unpleased with this update. I think it's ugly has to many weird changes and odd behaviour that only makes using the device unpleasant. I am considering an iPhone now since this looks like an iPhone after the last update but functions a lot worse. I'm really sad now.

You can install Nova Launcher Prime and fix a lot of the color and app symbol problems. that is what I did. Plus you gain the advantage of being able to make backups of the home screens with the Folders in place.... very handy when you brick your phone... the replacement phone accessed the Nova Backup and within 30 seconds, it looked just like the phone that got bricked.

I too received the MM "improvement????" and not at all pleased with the changes.
DATA cannot be turned on/off with an app ( lost that in 5.1.1 )
Colors resemble warmed over piss on the ground... I am pastel colour blinde if that makes any difference.
there are other "features" that weren't well received by me.

My fix is getting a rooted Note 4 to replace the Note 4 that I bricked recently... it has been Upgraded to 4.4.4 with a Custom ROM... and now, I will be back in Hog Heaven again.
Colors that I can see, apps that work right, macros that will do what I want them to, when I want them too.

I do not appreciate the jerks who design these OS products telling me what I can and cannot do... that is NOT their right, it is my phone, and I darn well should be the only one who decides how it works.

I should have joined the Root Crowd years ago, I would have been a much happier camper.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones