1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Marshmallow rom?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hatv1, Aug 26, 2016.

1. hatv1

hatv1 Newbie
    None

Jul 4, 2015
    Hello. I have a lg optimus f3 from sprint(LS720). My plan has been canceled for a while. I worked on downloading marshmallow ROM. I have everything set. I am using flashify and CWM and my device is rooted. I have found multiple sites that offer the download if I complete the survey. I used inspect element and skipped the survey. The sites had all said the downloads(there were 3 parts) was around 200 megabytes each, yet after using inspect, I downloaded it and it said it was only in the kilobytes (maybe 200-1000, I don't remember) and it was download has download safe, the site that gave me the site that wanted me to do a survey. Is this ROM legit or is it fake? And if it is, dies someone know where I can get the marshmallow ROM for my phone?

Advertisement

2. rootabaga

rootabaga Android Expert

Aug 11, 2014
    More or less IT, lots of hand-holding
    Crazyville, CA
    Maybe it's just me, but I have yet to find one of those survey sites that is really legitimate. Even if you got software and it worked, it would likely be infected with malware or worse.

Also, to my knowledge there aren't any functional roms for later flavors of Android in the F3. It got to Kit Kat and was abandoned officially, and there's not enough interest in the phone for anyone to have built one out to actual functionality...or even get past the locked bootloader. :( I couldn't even legitimately find Lollipop, though admittedly the phone is limited enough I didn't try that hard. Mine has recently been failing with what I now strongly suspect is a hardware error, so I'm shopping for something else anyway.

Good luck.

#2 rootabaga, Sep 7, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2016