1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Marshmallow up-date on Verizon....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Lateck, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Lateck

Lateck Android Enthusiast

Hello all;
    As I type this on my tablet, my V10 is up-grading. I guess I have it set to automatically do system up-dates. Software version VS99022A, Android 6.0.
    The first thing I noticed is that the Knock code has been up'ed to six taps and at least three squares. Also Google Play services needed an up-date right after the boot.

I'll be playing around with it and pass along any thing I see.

Lateck,
    By the way, I'm in Arizona.

KOLIO and s10stealth like this.
  2. NFJ79

NFJ79 Lurker

I got the update notification. Waiting to see what others think before i do the update.

3. Lateck

So far I haven't seen to much difference. I do have Nova Launcher.....

Lateck,

4. s10stealth

s10stealth Newbie

So far, so good. Nothing much different but a few setting options. WiFi internet seems a bit more unreliable but that was happening before, just not as often.

5. SaintlySins

SaintlySins Newbie

It's operating about the same as always to me.
    However, there is now a new icon in the 2nd Screen when the main screen goes to sleep mode. I've yet to find out what that icon represents, but I haven't started looking into it till right this minute.

My search is on .....

6. SpikedKnight

SpikedKnight Lurker

I gave it a week, and now I feel confident saying my battery life is noticeably worse, like half the screen time.

No rogue apps, no changes in use or daily schedules, but now I have to do a full recharge mid day to make it until night.

I use Nova launcher and tend to tweak things to my preference, so nothing majorly new to me. I do regret the update.

I suppose the next step will be to do a full factory wipe, but that's just frustrating if that's the case.

2:35 screen on total and here's the last 6 hours of battery life
    [​IMG]

Guess the good news, there's quick charging :/

7. Lateck

SK, sorry to read about your problem.
    I personally have not had any noticeable difference with 6. (Other than the knock-knock thing).
    Battery life (to me) has been the same or better, BUT I have been off work this week, so my usage has been different.

Good Luck, Lateck,

8. Jeff Davis

Jeff Davis Lurker

after marshmallow update phone has started shutting down at random times, several times during the day. AT&T is sending a new one. Anyone else with this issue?

9. psf57

psf57 Well-Known Member

No issues here. At first I went into my data usage and couldn't disable background data on some apps. I did a factory reset, good as new. No problems at all now.

LG V10 Forum

The LG V10 release date was October 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 808 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

October 2015
Release Date
Reviews