• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Marshmallow up-date on Verizon....

Lateck

Android Enthusiast
Dec 20, 2011
Arizona, U.S.A.
Hello all;
As I type this on my tablet, my V10 is up-grading. I guess I have it set to automatically do system up-dates. Software version VS99022A, Android 6.0.
The first thing I noticed is that the Knock code has been up'ed to six taps and at least three squares. Also Google Play services needed an up-date right after the boot.

I'll be playing around with it and pass along any thing I see.

Lateck,
By the way, I'm in Arizona.

I gave it a week, and now I feel confident saying my battery life is noticeably worse, like half the screen time.

No rogue apps, no changes in use or daily schedules, but now I have to do a full recharge mid day to make it until night.

I use Nova launcher and tend to tweak things to my preference, so nothing majorly new to me. I do regret the update.

I suppose the next step will be to do a full factory wipe, but that's just frustrating if that's the case.

2:35 screen on total and here's the last 6 hours of battery life
30d789cb012438e366d700e32c05fcd6.jpg

Guess the good news, there's quick charging :/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones