1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

marshmallow update?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lgbalfa, Feb 9, 2016.

1. lgbalfa

lgbalfa Well-Known Member

2. Best Answer:
    Post #11 by Thom, Jan 5, 2017 (1 points)
  3. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

4. Einsteindks

Einsteindks Well-Known Member

' pending partner support' translates into Verizon dragging their heels kicking and screaming.

5. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

Another answer: every Droid phone (except one - the 2013 Droids, at least so far) has received at least the next two android version updates. The odds are pretty high that the turbo 2 will get version 6 at some point.

[edited - Sorry, I was confused and forgot this thread was in the Turbo and not the Turbo 2 forum. Sorry for my confusion if you read the reply earlier]

#4 doogald, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  6. LizMac

LizMac Android Enthusiast

Maybe we'll get it when everyone else is already on to N.... Nutella? Nougat? ....

psionandy and whitehat like this.
  7. whitehat

whitehat Android Enthusiast

How about a nice flaky Napoleon pastry?

dhbuckley and LizMac like this.
  8. decraig2000

decraig2000 Newbie

Marshmellow is running solid on my original Turbo. Pretty nice overall. Icons seem to have gotten slightly bigger, which I find a tad annoying, but so far so good with the stability and battery life.

dhbuckley likes this.
  9. Fulltime Traveler

Fulltime Traveler Well-Known Member

My Marshmallow update installed today.

The only thing I have noticed so far (aside from some trivial interface changes) is that the system widget has disappeared. That was the 4x1 widget that displayed the battery level, % of storage used and available, tips, etc.

10. I am not familiar with "system widget". Can you describe it in more detail?

... Thom

11. Fulltime Traveler

It was 4x1 and included the items I mentioned. It you look here, you can see it in the first of the nine pictures: https://www.cnet.com/products/motorola-droid-turbo/

12. Fulltime Traveler likes this.
  13. Fulltime Traveler

14. cwcheese

cwcheese Member

I got my OTA Marshmallow last evening (1/4/17 6:30pm PST) and seems to have installed without issues.
    Only major visual difference for me is the change to the Command Center widget, the round one with clock/weather/battery/calendar, which seems to have reverted to be like the one from the older Droid Maxx version. Getting used to the new old functionality versus what I've been accustomed to for past 3 years.

Nice to have the Marshamallow power option called Doze, since my 3 yr old battery is getting shorter on life. Will see if I can get more than 24 hours on a charge again.

15. dhbuckley

dhbuckley Well-Known Member

Does Doze do well for you? Is it default enabled?

16. I just upgraded to 24.81.5 from the OTA pushed onto my Turbo.

I did a Wipe Cache Partition - it took 10.5 min

The download size was 1.170.8 GB
    I accepted the upgrade
    6:52 - it did a reboot
    6:52 - message - Installing System Update
    7:03 - it did a reboot
    7:03 - message - Android is Upgrading (there were 167 apps to scan)
    7:44 - message - Finishing Boot
    7:46 -message - Update Complete
    With 167 apps to scan it took 54 minutes

I did a Wipe Cache Partition - it took 11.5 min

... Thom

17. cwcheese

cwcheese Member

No, it isn't enabled by default so I went in to Settings|Battery|Battery Optimization to turn it on. As for first day status, it seems to have saved me a little over 15% charge, didn't quite get me through the 24 hours as I had wanted. But I know my battery has been toasty hot at least a dozen times over the past 2 years, and those events usually kill off a part of the cell, so I'm satisfied to get any little bit.

18. dhbuckley

Nova Launcher fixes this. What an amazing piece of software. Absolutely get it. In and of itself, it is the only reason needed to NOT get an iPhone. I paid for it but try free version and see if you like it. You will...;-)...!

19. dhbuckley

What were your "heat events"? I know mine has too but I won't give up the turbo charger that has sometimes heated her up.

Motorola Droid Turbo Forum

The Motorola Droid Turbo release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 21MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3900mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews