• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

marshmallow update?

Another answer: every Droid phone (except one - the 2013 Droids, at least so far) has received at least the next two android version updates. The odds are pretty high that the turbo 2 will get version 6 at some point.

[edited - Sorry, I was confused and forgot this thread was in the Turbo and not the Turbo 2 forum. Sorry for my confusion if you read the reply earlier]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I got my OTA Marshmallow last evening (1/4/17 6:30pm PST) and seems to have installed without issues.
Only major visual difference for me is the change to the Command Center widget, the round one with clock/weather/battery/calendar, which seems to have reverted to be like the one from the older Droid Maxx version. Getting used to the new old functionality versus what I've been accustomed to for past 3 years.

Nice to have the Marshamallow power option called Doze, since my 3 yr old battery is getting shorter on life. Will see if I can get more than 24 hours on a charge again.

Upvote 0
I just upgraded to 24.81.5 from the OTA pushed onto my Turbo.

I did a Wipe Cache Partition - it took 10.5 min

The download size was 1.170.8 GB
I accepted the upgrade
6:52 - it did a reboot
6:52 - message - Installing System Update
7:03 - it did a reboot
7:03 - message - Android is Upgrading (there were 167 apps to scan)
7:44 - message - Finishing Boot
7:46 -message - Update Complete
With 167 apps to scan it took 54 minutes

I did a Wipe Cache Partition - it took 11.5 min

... Thom

Upvote 0
Does Doze do well for you? Is it default enabled?
No, it isn't enabled by default so I went in to Settings|Battery|Battery Optimization to turn it on. As for first day status, it seems to have saved me a little over 15% charge, didn't quite get me through the 24 hours as I had wanted. But I know my battery has been toasty hot at least a dozen times over the past 2 years, and those events usually kill off a part of the cell, so I'm satisfied to get any little bit.

Upvote 0
Marshmellow is running solid on my original Turbo. Pretty nice overall. Icons seem to have gotten slightly bigger, which I find a tad annoying, but so far so good with the stability and battery life.

Nova Launcher fixes this. What an amazing piece of software. Absolutely get it. In and of itself, it is the only reason needed to NOT get an iPhone. I paid for it but try free version and see if you like it. You will...;-)...!

Upvote 0
No, it isn't enabled by default so I went in to Settings|Battery|Battery Optimization to turn it on. As for first day status, it seems to have saved me a little over 15% charge, didn't quite get me through the 24 hours as I had wanted. But I know my battery has been toasty hot at least a dozen times over the past 2 years, and those events usually kill off a part of the cell, so I'm satisfied to get any little bit.

What were your "heat events"? I know mine has too but I won't give up the turbo charger that has sometimes heated her up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones