1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Marshmallow wifi issue on Note 4

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by scanman, Apr 1, 2016.

1. scanman

scanman Well-Known Member

I got the upgrade to marshmallow the other day. I'm on sprint and the update hosed my wifi. I was reading through stuff on the Internet and it seems that if you go to...Settings -> Backup and Reset -> Reset Network settings, which resets all your Wi-Fi, Mobile Data and Bluetooth settings, the problem is resolved. I hope this bit of information helps someone.

tube517 and mjones2005 like this.
  2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

On Verizon is just simply called 'reset' in the same path name you said.

3. scanman

Update to my issue - though it appeared that the problem was solved it still occurs, but if the steps I described above are followed you get wifi back. Unfortunately you have to sync your bluetooth devices and enter you wifi passwords.

4. Canesfan

Canesfan Android Enthusiast

Verizon doesn't have Marshmallow yet.

AZgl1500 likes this.
  5. AZgl1500

you are so right, but in 5.1.1 it is just simply 'reset'
    even if VZW releases 6.x for us, I think I am going to just skip it....

my daughter has a HTC M9 and on the forum, there is a lot of gripers who wish they had never allowed it to happen to their Verizon phones.

I asked her if she wanted to 'update her phone', she said no, so we told it "NO"

6. scanman

Ok, so I was still having the Wi-Fi issue and decided too take a chance on a hard reset. Good news, it solved my problem plus my battery life is phenomenal. Other people's results may vary. I'm not sure what the issue was but I am adding back only the apps that I use on a daily basis too see if it might have some the garbage I had downloaded from the play store. I'll keep you informed any other issues arise. Cheers.

tube517, javamann and AZgl1500 like this.
  7. AZgl1500

tnx for the update report:

those are very valuable to future readers.

scanman likes this.
  8. scanman

A side note to my update, I did this 3 days ago and it is still working fine.

javamann, AZgl1500 and tube517 like this.
  9. scanman

...syncs now I'm back to square one. Thinking about the 7 edge because I can't wait for an update to fix the issue.

10. scanman

Well, the phone went from bad to worse. Another update was rolled out and that really messed up my phone. I dropped it off at the corporate sprint store a couple of hours ago. I will pick it up when I am done with work. It may or may not be fixed. Either way I think I am done with this phone and going to get the S7 Edge.

11. scanman

The phone was so fubar'd the sprint tech couldn't fix it. They offered a refurb unit but I would have had to wait a week or more. Went with the S7 Edge. Good bye note 4 community.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews