1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Marshmallow

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SyrupViper, Feb 19, 2016.

1. shuu36

shuu36 Newbie

use kingroot 4.0, should ROOT it! i updated and tried root also. however root can be achieved but its is going to need a different recovery. adding recovery or any modifying will bootloop it! i do know that you can recover phone back to root and recovery by using 10j kdz file through the lg flash tool. good luck!

Advertisement

Jack Mickey likes this.
  2. Jack Mickey

Jack Mickey Well-Known Member

Yea just found this out the hard way. Lol. Back on MM now, gonna use @TMacgnolia root guide with windows, maybe Kali.

3. shuu36

shuu36 Newbie

let me know what happens when you try it?

Jack Mickey likes this.
  4. Jack Mickey

Jack Mickey Well-Known Member

5. shuu36

shuu36 Newbie

but you can try king root-4.0.1.237apk this should give you root. i used it and gained root! however i bootlooped it for modifying and trying to install recovery. so a recovery program with marshmallow update should be appropriate, but good luck again and hope you find what you need.

6. TMacgnolia

TMacgnolia Well-Known Member

I do not know what exploit the Kingroot is using to root the update as it would not root it at all when I first got the update. That is why I started looking into other ways to gain root. But I think the reason that You are having issues with the root from Kingroot is because it is not a systemless root like the root using the SuperSU.zip is. The recovery has nothing to do with it as others and myself have no issues using it. I have seen several posts saying they installed exposed using the current TWRP and I myself have the current TWRP installed on my device without issue. Your issue is with it is probably because you used Kingroot or either you tried to replace Kingroot with SuperSU the wrong way. I really can not tell from your post though.

7. shuu36

shuu36 Newbie

So what exploit did you use to root then! Ive tried several but dont get the su to push! And if you r using twrp 2.8 on 6.0 update then great! Id like to understand what program you ran?

8. Blu8

Blu8 Android Expert

9. shuu36

shuu36 Newbie

TMacgnolia's root method is confirmed to work the best! Thank you! Kingroot does work however adb and fastboot works better in my opinion. So, if you wish to root tmobile lg g stylo 6.0 use TMacgnolia's method. Thanks again, you didi an awsome job!

eversleyd likes this.
  10. eversleyd

eversleyd Well-Known Member

I don't have a PC how does kingroot work will it brick I want root too what else do I need can you give me steps for king root

11. anthonyw18

anthonyw18 Lurker

Hey drakenFx i think i may have found some links for the marhsmallow. kdz if you wanna message me and ill give you a link??

12. kp2k8

kp2k8 Lurker

what is this 10L firmware people speak of. I thought the latest was 10J and then straight to marshmallow? Does anyone have a link for metro/tmobile 10L firmware if its legit. I am on stock factory restored 10J and no marshmallow ota update at all despite following this thread updates. thanks guys and gals for any info or updates. I truly appreciate it.
    ken

edit: I have found this thread
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g-stylo/development/stock-lg-h631-firmware-h63120b-kdz-t3339342

it mentions an L firmware but it seems to be an older version of lollipop? I am confused. any clarity would be great.

#187 kp2k8, May 28, 2016
    Last edited: May 29, 2016
  13. Blu8

Blu8 Android Expert

It was a small update to fix something with wifi calling. There's no kdz it was really small

14. viperdink

viperdink Android Expert

Blu8 and tube517 like this.
  15. So can anyone tell me if there are any advantages with upgrading to either TMO/MetroPcs 6.0 over keeping Lollipop? If any of them fixes the GPS issue, that alone is good enough for me.

I'm asking because I upgraded my Nexus 5 to 6.0 and absolutely hated it. It only gave more standby battery life yet made everything else worse...

16. Nickforever216

Nickforever216 Well-Known Member

Few added features, nothing to jump out of your seat for. Better battery power. It's worth to upgrade to MM on stylo. No issues so far.

Spec2nirvash likes this.
  17. My wife and I both got an upgrade notification for 6.0 a few days ago. I'm running stock/TWRP, didn't work for me. Left my wife to answer her notification. She went with it, doesn't look or perform one iota different than Lollipop. I had to actually look in the software menu to see that it changed :)

I've grown bored with my Stylo, been thinking of doing a filthy flash with different firmware. For once I don't know what I want for a new phone. I was looking at a new 1+X, but seeing how many problems my son has with his I backed outta that one. Even my Nexus 5 is too boring to play with. Suggestions? Nexus 5 P/X too much money this time around.

18. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Do you have Tmobile/Metro or Boost/Sprint?

EDIT: Saw your post above and I see you have Metro.

There are some non Marshmallow changes:

Video Calling
    Advanced text messaging (not sure how that works though)

If your phone is still rooted, have you tried Katana ROM?

It's a Very good lollipop rom for the Stylo

viperdink likes this.
  19. tuliovargas

tuliovargas Lurker

Hi all,
    I'd like to know if is it possible to instal the Android's Marshmallow into HTC One Mini?
    If the answer is YES, can you share a link how I can do it?

Cheers.

20. viperdink

viperdink Android Expert

According to this;
    http://androidforums.com/index.php?threads/761634/
    Not yet.
    That thread section would be where you could get information about that device , even if someone here in this device thread could they would post and share knowledge in that thread to increase exposure of said knowledge.
    Good luck ,
    Hope development does come your way.

LG G Stylo Forum

The LG G Stylo release date was May 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1/2GB RAM, Snapdragon 410 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2015
Release Date
Reviews
Tags: