1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

mary

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Android Question

None
    device is modified and software update is not available

Advertisement

2. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste
    None

May 29, 2011
    Male
    Retired
    Les Gets, France
    Hello and welcome to these forums.

I understand your frustration. In order to get useful advice I suggest that you post another question on the forum but include the following:

Make and model of device
    Whether you bought it new
    Whether it has been previously rooted and if so what software it I is running

With this information someone may be able to help and at least point you in the right direction for a solution

Roger

Unforgiven likes this.
  3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

Jun 23, 2010
    Male
    Douglas, MA
    What Roger has mentioned is great advice.

I'll take a shot with the assumption you have loaded either a custom rom or recovery and are looking to get a OTA (over the air) update from either your carrier or manufacturer. If that is the case, you would need to restore everything to factory in order to accept it. You wouldn't need to unroot the device, though you may want to use a root keeper app.

If you scroll down our homepage, you will see forums listed for each phone (at least the ones we have information on). In each of those forums is a sub section called [Device X] All Things Root (you will often see these called ATRs;). Find the ATR for your phone, and in the threads stuck at the top will be an ATR Guide. This will contain any information we have collected about restoring your device to stock.

I hope this helps, good luck with your device.