1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Mashable article, absolutely ridiculous

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by sanderscm2, Jun 23, 2010.

1. sanderscm2

sanderscm2 Active Member

Apr 29, 2010

Advertisement

2. ZAZusmc03

ZAZusmc03 Active Member

May 6, 2010
    Funny, this article comes out the day of a big Android announcement and the day before the Iphone4 comes out.

3. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Accountant and semi-pro poker player
    Upstate NY
    lol, such propaganda. All of the app permissions are listed before you even install the app. If it sounds fishy, don't use it! Simple as that.

4. AnotherHiggins

AnotherHiggins Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    NC
    People who want to live in a walled garden can sign up for the police state that is Apple. Those who prefer choice will stick with Android.

5. MisterMixelpix

MisterMixelpix Well-Known Member

May 4, 2010
    Youth Counselor
    PA
    The Apple policy: people are too stupid to take any responsible for their actions. Even if you put a big red warning with each app that says "THIS APP WILL HAVE ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION" it's apparently a "threat".

6. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Network Engineering and Data Communications
    I'll be where I'm at!
    I guess I see both sides of this debate...

I think people over react to the potential security issues in our market vs app store, but by the same token, there are thousands and thousands of the "un educated" accessing our market.

In all honesty, I am a network engineer by trade and I admit that the first app or two I downloaded I did not even look at the security screen. :eek:

On the one hand, I say "how dare anyone tell me what I can and cannot buy" but on the other hand, some people belong on a short bus with a hockey helmet on!

NightAngel79 likes this.
  7. Squintz82

Squintz82 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Web / Graphic Designer
    Lindenhurst, NY
    I don't think that site's agenda could get any more obvious...

[​IMG]

8. Excedio

Excedio Well-Known Member

May 28, 2010
    Palm Harbor, FL
  9. Skipdawg

Skipdawg Well-Known Member

May 13, 2010
    Male
    US Navy Vet, very retired!
    Washington State
    I'll be kind to the person who wrote that article. BS!!! :cool:

10. mttfrog13

mttfrog13 Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    Male
    Pennsylvania
    Yeah the article may be biased but on the other hand...

I use mobile banking, ebay, paypal, and all types of other financial apps and services on my phone. Are we eventually going to need virus protection for our androids?

Yeah yeah yeah people just say, "be careful what you install, only install trusted apps from the app store yadi yadi yada." I'm a power user, I know what I install on my phone and computer. The thing is that just for extra protection I have antivirus and firewalls on my computer.

I just wish at least google was a little more strict with what apps they let into their marketplace. The fact that they had to pull an app that changed their app with an update to violate the terms of service is enough to say that google should be a little more proactive and not reactive. I have a feeling more scammers are going to use this method of bait and switch to grab quick credit card info and such.