1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Mass app downloading

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by QueenPendragon, Jun 17, 2011.

1. QueenPendragon

I got a new phone because for some reason, my old one died. Sim card and battery are transferred into the new phone. Is it supposed to take a long time to download my apps all at once now that they've all started? I've never done this and I don't know if that's normal or not.

Advertisement

2. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

The market will queue all the apps to be download and then download 2-3 at a time until all are downloaded and installed. I would suggest getting on wifi or 4G and put the phone down for a bit. Depending on how many apps you are downloading it could take a while. Just check it every so often and the time will go by in a flash

3. QueenPendragon

OK. They all still say downloading, so it probably will be a while.

4. QueenPendragon

OK. They all still say downloading, so it probably will be a while.

Edit: How long can it go and still be normal? I'm curious because it's been over an hour now. At what point should I cancel and try downloading them all one by one?

5. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

If it still is downloading I would cancel it or restart the phone sorry was away from af for a while

6. QueenPendragon

I tried that and started to do it one at a time but it still sits on 'DOWNLOADING'. Why won't it download all the way??? Is it the signal strength???

7. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

No clue, I've never had that issue can you get on a Wi-Fi network?

QueenPendragon likes this.
  8. QueenPendragon

I do have the wireless my laptop is on. I'm going to try again later or in the morning, it's not uncommon to have signal problems here for some reason. It drives me nuts with RSS feed reading, trying to get photos up.

9. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

I would try the Wi-Fi or canceling the downloads and doing then one by one it shouldn't take that long try the Wi-Fi first. Let it try overnight if you want to

10. janpetras

janpetras Well-Known Member

How do you mass-download them? I would love to see that option on the market, under "My Apps" - little check box and then just press install all.

11. QueenPendragon

I'm gonna try at work, the signal is stronger there sometimes. If not, whatever damaged my phone could have hurt my SIM card too :(

12. QueenPendragon

Things have started to download, though it's really slow. I canceled what was still going on tonight and I'll pick it up tomorrow; I hate to leave it on and downloading all night even though you said I could. Mostly because it's been on all day with only a little rest.

13. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

If you've enabled the "Back up my data" option in Settings/Privacy (and the complementary option "Automatic restore", which is a set-up default) then it will happen once you've signed-in to your Google account.

14. janpetras

janpetras Well-Known Member

All of them? Don't I get to choose?