1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Massive 1/4ths Green flickering.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Milo Willamson, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Milo Willamson

Milo Willamson Android Expert

On the upper to the middle reach of the screen, thought it was a technical error issue, anyone else having this?
    I Thought it was an app download, I ditched it and got another app for a gallery. (I am old school so what?)
    I did search in the developer mod too. So far, no such luck, it flickers so rapidly too. Any suggestions would be great :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

are you sure it is a software issue rather than hardware?

Hadron and Dannydet like this.
  3. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Sounds like your screen is slowly dying. Green though... is it an Irish phone?

Dannydet likes this.
  4. Milo Willamson

Yikes, barely had this phone since around August, and I want to make this last thought, the OS runs pretty amazingly with the apps in the background et all, is the third screen sometimes just flickers green though. I did triple check to see about the hardware, I will try a few things, before deciding on getting a new cellphone.
    It is an Irish phone, getting all drunk on me. I kind of wonder if it is the massive text spam I am getting too.

5. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

It could be as simple as a bad contact - that was the first thing I thought of when I read the symptoms.

6. Milo Willamson

I went and did the developer options, turned off everything I could. It worked pretty okay for the time being, disposed of the blank window too. Does anyone else get a small electric shock after just barely touching their cells? I know I do.

dontpanicbobby likes this.
  7. dontpanicbobby

VIP Member

Whoa!

Shocking development that. Seriously, your phone should never shock you. Something is terribly wrong with that one.

8. Milo Willamson

I think all my cellphones does that, think it is my fingers :) But I have so many different stylists to chose from

9. Milo Willamson

Here what it looks like, suddenly froze up for a minute, but able to navigate really easy.

Attached Files:

10. Milo Willamson

I think it was just the lighting app I had installed for it, seems a bit strange when youtube music app and then unlocking it, sometimes when walking, I tend to forget to put on the camera app, superimposing it over the streaming of Nine inch nails, and just forgetting about to have the camera, and have Nin in the bg.

11. Milo Willamson

Since the system update today, the green flickering goes away.

12. dontpanicbobby

VIP Member

When it gets to 3 quarters will you give up?

13. Milo Willamson

Nah, besides I do have it insured when push shoves my pee hole, I always have back up money. :)

14. dontpanicbobby

VIP Member

Ah! A true Phandroidian.
    Great that the update cured it but I'm still curious what the original cause may have been. Did it get wet?

15. Milo Williamson

Milo Williamson Android Expert

I did clean it out pretty great, maybe I was just being cautionous sometimes, I keep forgetting do not soak down my cell hahahaa :)
    It has not happen since then.

Motorola Edge Plus Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews