• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root massive battery drain issue

Alright guys, I unlocked, rooted, recoveryed, and rommed (4 different ones) my gf's phone. Also before Igo any further, bought a 2500 mah extendo battery, and still am losing 1% every 30 seconds (quite literally) with screen on and nothing running, off Iget 1% a minute. I'm totally lost, all location settings are off, have tried to recalibrate batteries, change roms, frozen every bit of bloatware Ican think of, and turned off wifi and 4g along with every other battery saving option known to man. Any suggestions?

Edit: also please god tell me the phones not ****ed.

Alright guys, I unlocked, rooted, recoveryed, and rommed (4 different ones) my gf's phone. Also before Igo any further, bought a 2500 mah extendo battery, and still am losing 1% every 30 seconds (quite literally) with screen on and nothing running, off Iget 1% a minute. I'm totally lost, all location settings are off, have tried to recalibrate batteries, change roms, frozen every bit of bloatware Ican think of, and turned off wifi and 4g along with every other battery saving option known to man. Any suggestions?

Edit: also please god tell me the phones not ****ed.
Was your battery drain that bad with your old battery?
You could have a wakelock issue. Try Better Battery Stats from the play store.
Go into recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache. Then reboot phone.
After it fully boots,
Plug phone in for a minute. Then unplug and let sit for 2 hours or more. Then open the app and look for what is draining battery.

Reactions: tube517
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones