1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Massive data use

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Triska, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Triska

Triska Well-Known Member

What would cause my data usage to shoot up to 17.4 GB in only 10 days? I normally use 2 or 3 GB in an entire month, but my usage the last few months has been way down since I now use my iPad for FB and web browsing. I've noticed a severe battery issue on my Incredible over the last two weeks where it would die within 4 hours with no usage. To test it, I fully charged it and then unplugged it when I went to bed. Sure enough, it was completely dead when I woke up. I thought it was the battery so I switched batteries. Same thing happened. I don't use tethering and haven't changed any settings. Help!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Get 3G watchdog, it will tell you what app is using data

3. Triska

Triska Well-Known Member

Is that a free app? I suppose Lookout doesn't tell you data usage, does it? I'm worried that the big V is going to kick me off my unlimited data plan for abusing it. Wondering if I should call or will that put me on their radar?

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Its free. I sugget you let the app run for a day, see what's happening. At least it will provide you a log of the data your apps used to show Verizon you weren't breaking rules.