• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Massive incompatibility issues

A55tronaught

Sep 21, 2012
Hi guys im pretty new here so heres my problem:

Ive been using the Samsung Galaxy S3 (3G) for the past few weeks with no problems and i have just purchased the Samsung Galaxy S3 (4G).

Well first off one of the main things bothering me is not being able to change the standing application row at the bottom (phone, contacts, messaging, internet) u cant swap these with YOUR application of desire. Anyone know a way around this bullshit?

Secondly All the apps i purchased such as Swiftkey 3 doesnt work on the 4G version along with the majority of my other apps.

Finally whenever i hold down apps on the home screen to move them around suppose the top section this annoying text pops up telling me to long press and use the edit function to move apps around and blocks the section where i want to move the app to on the screen. Any way of turning off this??

So what do you guys suggest i wait for samsung to get their shit together or return the phone and stay with the 3G handset?

The latest version of samsung galaxy s3, the 4G LTE versions that just got released in the Australian market, for anyone thinking of getting it DONT! They did some revamps of the interface and settings and its just messy, congested and unfriendly.

Im returning it and reusing my 3G one, anyways the extra network speed isnt worth half the apps not working and having to put up with the Nazi interface they've implemented.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones