1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Massive increase in battery life.

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by wizzard99, Mar 11, 2011.

1. wizzard99

wizzard99 Lurker
    None

Mar 11, 2011
    Has anyone else noticed this recently. I have a Desire as do 2 other work colleagues, 1 also has a desire HD. We have all this week noticed a massive improvement in battery life. 1 guy spends 90 minutes getting to work in a morning and despite listening to music all the way and using the web as well was only down to 74% by the time he got to work. I'm an average user and previously had to charge every night (would be between 10% and 30% left) but on wednesday night was at 74% so didn't charge and it made it to bedtime on thursday with 23% left. The lightest user undocked his phone when he left work yesterday and it was still at 90% when he got to work this morning. All massive improvements and as far as we know we haven't had any system updates but there has been quite a few standard app updates this week. Has anyone else noticed this? Have google/htc slipped out an update that's finally sorted the battery life?

Advertisement

2. pantlesspenguin

pantlesspenguin Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 15, 2010
    Female
    Overland Park, KS
    Yes I am!! I thought maybe t-mo was working on expanding 3g to where I work (extreme outskirts of the KC suburbs). My phone always drains quickly while at work from toggling back and forth from 3g to edge. I always had to charge it from work to the gym, and sometimes even from the gym to home. Now suddenly one overnight charge lasts me the whole day!