• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Massive screen on battery drain, 4-5% in 5 min

MustangLife

Jan 5, 2015
So I'm running a light weight setup with the up to date version on Metro. I use Greenify and aggressive doze. My screen off battery drain is 3-5% in 3-4 hours with sync, location and 4g on and let doze/Greenify do its thing.

I use chrome alot web browsing so I'm used to what it does. How it performs.
I went from 23% to 18% just now in 4-5 min with nothing else open. Everything is greenified and my free ram is around 400-500mb usually. Also the phone has been getting hot while browsing like a phone would let's say if you were playing a game and charging. Battery temp says 102 farenheight, not sure on processor speed. I've tried wifi on or off and 4g on or off. Never use both at the same time. Chrome has been go to me so hopefully it's not just me. I bought the phone in September so it's not the oldest phone.

Lost 3% battery alone just typing this thread. I've ran a few apps like system panel, etc. Can't see what the issue is. Hoping someone can chime in. I've lost 8% battery in 13 minutes total screen on with around 40% brightness

Screenshot_20170324-050656.png
Screenshot_20170324-050805.png

This is what I ran to log what's going on. Hope someone can see something I can't. Went to work at 630pm. Checked phone and I believe was at 87-92% at 9pm. Used phone at 1130-12 and 315-345 and now and that's it but lost 70% battery. Something is using up to 75% CPU a screen was off from 12-3 but the phone was cranking like it's being used. You can see in the pics but I'm getting worried now

Upvote 0
The massive battery drain for my phone started after the very first update. And it went downhill from there. Before any update, my phone's battery lasts for days.

The best battery saving I found is wifi and data off if you are not using your phone. Battery saver on.

My location is always off anyway, so is BT, unless I have to use them.

This is a big BUT.. once you use your phone it really drains battery like lightning fast.

Upvote 0
Yeah I used the phone around 3am. I knew that but I lost like 50% of battery in less than an hour. I'm still not sure what's going on because I've always left data, location on and if on wifi data would be off. I've used to like 5-7 hours of screen on time in a full day and charge at bed time. Something is going on. Wished we had root so I good look more into it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones