1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Massive Slowdown

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by FRACer, Jul 8, 2013.

1. FRACer

FRACer Newbie

This started after about 3 wks and has progressively gotten worse. Its at the point now that it takes literally as long as 5 seconds for the screen to turn on after I hit the button on top of the phone. Never less than 2 seconds. This slowdown started about the same time that my battery started dying incredibly fast. Like 4 hrs tops and it was gone. I activated Google Now a couple days before both issues started happening. I've since deleted all my GN cards and OS has improved slightly. Battery life has improved dramatically though. Now I can get around 8 hrs with light use. Been like this for a month now. Anybody have any ideas why my phone has gotten so slow? I still have 9 gigs of memory left, just deleted 15 or so apps. Didn't really help. Not phone savvy enough to figure it out. HELP!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert

Start uninstalling apps in the inverse order that they were installed until the issue is resolved.

3. FRACer

FRACer Newbie

I've pretty much deleted everything I can. Only have 2 or 3 apps left that I actually downloaded. I still think its somehow because of google now, just not sure what else I can do besides delete the cards.

4. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert

Did you try just turning Google Now off?

5. ispamforfood

ispamforfood Member

Seriously, it's nothing but a battery drain... I learned that on the Bionic, and I am NOT going to make that mistake on my DNA... I went into the settings and made sure it was disabled.

6. FRACer

FRACer Newbie

yeah, still going slow. Wondering if I should try to figure out rooting it.

7. CoyotesFan4Evr

CoyotesFan4Evr Android Enthusiast

Do a cache wipe. That will or should get rid of all the left over bits that are still there from any apps you uninstalled. I know how to do it on motorola phones but I'm sure that it's the same on HTC to get to the boot menu screen.

8. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert

May just make sense to reset the phone.

9. gregwlsn

gregwlsn Lurker

HTC Droid DNA Forum

The HTC Droid DNA release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 2020mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews