1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Material for Nexus back cover

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nj02vette, Dec 19, 2011.

1. nj02vette

nj02vette Android Expert

In case anyone was interested, the back cover was advertised as "hyper skin" or some other marketing buzzword. Its just Polycarbonate with 10% glass fiber reinforcement. Still, that plastic formulation is pretty durable and there shouldn't be any issues with durability.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. indianajonze

indianajonze Well-Known Member

feels unbelievably cheap/flimsy to me. that was the 1st comment by my friend. "wow for such a high end phone that's the cheapest battery cover i've ever seen"

3. drdoom

drdoom Android Expert

I like it. I think it is far superior to the Incredible battery cover; now that thing was a joke.

Proph likes this.
  4. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Android Expert

Yeah it does feel flimsy when it is off, but man I have had mine for about a month and no creaks, same with my GS2.

I actually love the battery cover, I hate creaks on the battery cover and hate feeling them press in, this is great.

Proph likes this.
  5. BubbaNexus

BubbaNexus Android Enthusiast

Its thin, but seems durable.

The lack of creaks is due in large part to the metal skelaton, btw.

IndecisiveElle likes this.
  6. T-Keith

T-Keith Android Enthusiast

Exactly, it's nice and solid on the Nexus, like my Eris, not like the flimsy Incredible back.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews