1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Matrix rotate around center

Discussion in 'Application Development' started by aminet73, Mar 24, 2010.

1. aminet73

aminet73 Member

Sep 25, 2009
    hi,

I'm trying to rotate a 32x32 bitmap around it's center. But when the 'transformation' is done, it looked like it didn't rotate around center. Anyone got a clue to what's wrong with the code below?

Code (Text):
    1. m.setRotate(77, 16, 16);
    3. rotatedBitmap = Bitmap.createBitmap(orgBitmap, 0, 0, orgBitmap
    4.                 .getWidth(), orgBitmap.getHeight(), m, true);

Advertisement

2. NoSenseWorrying

NoSenseWorrying Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2009
    I've been struggling with this exact same problem.

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish, but here's what worked for me:
    Leave all that code exactly how you have it (assuming you're drawing at 0, 0). The problem I found was actually with my onDraw function.
    If you had code like mine, it initially looked like:
    canvas.drawBitmap(rotatedBitmap, x, y, null);

Instead, I had to change it to:
    canvas.drawBitmap(rotatedBitmap, x - rotatedBitmap.getWidth() / 2, y - rotatedBitmap.getHeight() / 2, null);

This effectively draws the image with its center on the coordinate, and thus rotating around the center.

3. saravians

saravians New Member

Oct 20, 2010

How one can transform body coordinate (Roll Pitch Yaw) system to ENU (east North UP) coordinate system.
    I am using HTC mobile sensor accelerometre and orientation sensors.
    I want to transform Acceleration values from mobile Coordinate system to ENU system, and also after transformation how should i verify it whether the transformation is ok.
    Right now I am using
    Ir=[sin(Y)*cos(P);cos(Y)*cos(P);sin(P)]
    Ip=[cos(R)*cos(Y)+sin(R)*sin(Y)*sin(P);-cos(R)*sin(Y)+sin(R)*cos(Y)*sin(P);-sin(R)*cos(P)]
    Iy=[-sin(R)*cos(Y)+cos(R)*sin(Y)*sin(P);sin(R)*sin(Y)+c os(R)*cos(Y)*sin(P);-cos(R)*cos(P)]
    R=[Ir Ip Iy];
    Ar=R*Ab
    where Ab is the acceleration in body coordinate system and Ar is in ENU system. I want to verify whether is it right ? and if right How i can verify the results. I mean what value of my Ar should be (its z component shoud be maximum?)?

regards

ravi​