• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Matte (Anti-Glare/Fingerprint) vs Clear Screen Protector - POLL

music_pharoah

Jun 21, 2010
Seen many threads out there reviewing many screen protectors. Seems like people swing both ways.

So, post your 2 cents here. Let us know what you have, what you prefer, what you've tried, and post some pics if you have them!

What are the ups and downs of the protectors and the companies who make them?

I bought the Sprint Screen Protectors, I had the anti-glare on and liked how it swiped but I messed it up after swapping phones and now have the clear. It's very sticky but I love how my screen pops, as my old one made it look pixel-y. IMO a good clear that swipes well is the way to go.

I also bought the Sprint screen protectors and like you guys above me, put the anti-glare on first. I started getting tired of it because it looked kind of weird, like it was smudged, even though I clean it with a soft cloth for eyeglasses. I got a new EVO yesterday and so I put on the clear one to try instead and the screen looks SO much better. It is kind of sticky and my finger skips sometimes while using Swype, but it seems to be getting better with use. I like the clear one much better.

Upvote 0
i also got the sprint screen protectors and used the anti-glare one on the first evo i had...i liked it but it made the screen not look as nice...now that i am using the clear one the screen looks amazing...although the only difference is i am not having any issues using the touch screen at all with the clear screen protector

Same here, the anti glare one made the screen look horrible, plus did not really help with glare, lol. Have it naked now since i screwed up the install on the last clear one i had that came in the sprint pack, fell on the floor and got tons of dust on it. Looking at getting Clarivue ones since it is a dry one unlike the application of Zagg, and fills the whole face unlike the sprint ones. Naked is fine but just have to keep cleaning the screen all the time which gets annoying.

Upvote 0
Go the Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint (and anti-glare). I absolutely love this screen protector. It does blur the screen a tad but you get used to it real quick.

The best part is it does what it says. It prevents fingerprints. I mean all fingerprints. I love it, I never feel like my phone is "dirty". It has a matte finish. and feels nice and smooth.

I vote against Zagg invisible sheild. Stay away! The feel is horrible, feels tacky (sticky).

Upvote 0
I also bought the Sprint screen protectors and like you guys above me, put the anti-glare on first. I started getting tired of it because it looked kind of weird, like it was smudged, even though I clean it with a soft cloth for eyeglasses. I got a new EVO yesterday and so I put on the clear one to try instead and the screen looks SO much better. It is kind of sticky and my finger skips sometimes while using Swype, but it seems to be getting better with use. I like the clear one much better.

The stickiness goes away after a bit, however, while i was using the first clear one i remember when i cleaned it with a microfiber cloth the stickiness would come back. Not sure if it completely goes away if you use it for a long time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones