1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Matte Black TPU Case Availability

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tarponbeach, Jan 11, 2012.

1. tarponbeach

tarponbeach Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 3, 2009
    Does anyone know of an in stock source for the Matte Black TPU Revision 3 case? Everyone seems to be out of stock on it. I've got the smoke case, which I really like, but I'd like to locate the Matte Black. Thanks!

Advertisement

2. Mr. Orange 645

Mr. Orange 645 Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 6, 2010
    SW Missouri
  3. jimmypop13

jimmypop13 Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 18, 2011
    Spring, TX
    Go to diztronics website and send them an email. They are quick to respond and very nice. I'm sure they could tell you when more will arrive or who else might still have stock

4. veccster

veccster Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 22, 2010
    Headhunter
    Western PA
    What the hell...I purchased revision 2 on Dec. 29th because it was supposed to correct the problem that the original had - pressing on the volume keys. I have that problem and now see they came out with revision 3 already.

Do they offer refunds or upgrades? Pretty crappy that they have upgraded 4x in just 4 weeks. Kinda leaves those early purchasers in the cold.

5. WishinItWas

WishinItWas Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 17, 2010
    Mechanical Engineer
    New York City
    Whats the differences in the revisions? I ordered mine on release day, dont know what rev it is. I had to cut out the volume rocker area as it was slightly misaligned and to tight, other than that its great.

6. veccster

None

Apr 22, 2010
    Headhunter
    Western PA
    On revision 2, they were supposed to have adjusted the volume rocker area so it was correct. Unfortunately, mine is still SLIGHTLY off. With even the slightest bit of pressure, the volume DOWN is depressed. This happens when it is in my pocket and I miss calls because the sound gets turned off.

Revision 3, they cut out the rocker - and I'm sure it looks a bit nicer than if I was to do it with a blade. I just sent the return request on Amazon.

7. WishinItWas

None

Jul 17, 2010
    Mechanical Engineer
    New York City
    Nice, yea having the vol cut out sounds like the best solution on their end. I used a fresh xacto and cut it from the inside and put a slight fillet on the edge so im happy with it.

8. tarponbeach

None

Nov 3, 2009
    Agreed, I currently have the smoke gray v3 case, and no problem with the volume rocker. The smoke case is just a little too slippery for me, so I'm hoping the Matte Black case will be more "grippy"

9. WishinItWas

None

Jul 17, 2010
    Mechanical Engineer
    New York City
    The matte black is actually not super grippy, however around the edges of the case where it covers the bezel edges the rubber is shiny, looks vulcanized, this area provides a lot of grip. When holding the phone under normal use the overall grip feels very nice, you shouldn't be disappointed.

tarponbeach likes this.
  10. snapcase

snapcase Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 3, 2009
    Is it a lint magnet? The 2 part Incipio case I got from the VZW store picks up lint and dust like crazy. I love that the silicone part provides some much needed grip, but damn does it get filthy.

11. veccster

None

Apr 22, 2010
    Headhunter
    Western PA
    I LOVE the look of this matte case. Just looks great having the lip around the bezel super glossy - like the rest of the screen, but the back is matte - except for the classy diztronic logo at the bottom.

No, it does not collect dust or lint AT ALL but it is also not that grippy. It does feel better than holding the phone with no cover though. More grip would only add to the dust/lint issue and not allow it to slide into a pocket very easily.

Bottom line (for me), this case is perfect. Just need Amazon to accept the return of my V2 and replace with V3.

12. jimmypop13

jimmypop13 Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 18, 2011
    Spring, TX

Hey you are eligible for a free rev.3 case. I did the same thing as you but my cut looked like crap, lol.
    Just email th m saying it wasn't lining up so you had to cut it out. Give them your order number and they will reply saying th y are sending you a free fixed one. I like my new one much better

WishinItWas likes this.
  13. nkk

nkk Android Expert
    None

Mar 10, 2010
    Who did you email? Diztronic's page on amazon says they are out of the office until the 16th. Did you do this through amazon?

-Nkk

14. tarponbeach

None

Nov 3, 2009
    Received it today, and I can say that of all the cases that I've tried (Otterbox Defender, Incipio Verizon Case, Case Mate), this is my favorite. Great size, and the black is very classy.

15. ghosthunter

ghosthunter Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 12, 2010
    I just got it yesterday but got the Matte Smoke color instead since that was the only thing in stock, I love it, best case I have used.

I am not sure how much gripping I am getting from it, but a lot better then no case.

16. tarponbeach

None

Nov 3, 2009
    Not as grippy as I would like, so I'm going to put an e-grip on the back, and see if that makes it easier to keep hold of.

GeckoStrips

Tags: