1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

max events and vm heap explaination please

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jigz737, Apr 18, 2012.

1. jigz737

jigz737 Newbie

just looking to mess around with romtool box.. i understand all other settings except 4 those two...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. V SuperUser V

V SuperUser V Android Expert

Let me google that for you <---click it :p

jk,

in a nutshell:

a lower vm heap value means faster switching between small apps, but may cause bigger applications to crash, and possibly better battery. find a value that works for you other than the default

max events, say you set it to 120, once the RAM usage reaches that point the system will start closing process, apps, etc to make the value go under you set value (120). the bigger that value the more apps you can have 'open' at the same time but if running RAM the phone will slow down, the lower the value your phone will never run out of RAM, but you wont be able to have that many apps running.

perhaps im wrong, but thats the general idea.

jtw1216 likes this.
  3. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS

vm heap it's the largest chunk of memory that a single instance of an application (ran through the Dalvik VM) can obtain. I have mynes set up at 48 recommend ;)

4. jigz737

jigz737 Newbie

thanx bro ...and i actully did google and went to xda but they neva made any sense...thanx 4 Ty he break down

5. V SuperUser V

V SuperUser V Android Expert

hit the button :flute:

jigz737 likes this.
  6. jigz737

jigz737 Newbie

ok cool ill give it a try

7. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Extreme Android User

It's funny cause when you click the google link, this post is the first one in the search. lol

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews