• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root max events and vm heap explaination please

Let me google that for you <---click it :p

jk,

in a nutshell:

a lower vm heap value means faster switching between small apps, but may cause bigger applications to crash, and possibly better battery. find a value that works for you other than the default

max events, say you set it to 120, once the RAM usage reaches that point the system will start closing process, apps, etc to make the value go under you set value (120). the bigger that value the more apps you can have 'open' at the same time but if running RAM the phone will slow down, the lower the value your phone will never run out of RAM, but you wont be able to have that many apps running.

perhaps im wrong, but thats the general idea.

Reactions: jtw1216
Upvote 0

jk,

in a nutshell:

a lower vm heap value means faster switching between small apps, but may cause bigger applications to crash, and possibly better battery. find a value that works for you other than the default

max events, say you set it to 120, once the RAM usage reaches that point the system will start closing process, apps, etc to make the value go under you set value (120). the bigger that value the more apps you can have 'open' at the same time but if running RAM the phone will slow down, the lower the value your phone will never run out of RAM, but you wont be able to have that many apps running.

thanx bro ...and i actully did google and went to xda but they neva made any sense...thanx 4 Ty he break down

Upvote 0

jk,

in a nutshell:

It's funny cause when you click the google link, this post is the first one in the search. lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones