1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Maximising battery life - which charge cycle to follow?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AM_SOS, Mar 6, 2014.

1. AM_SOS

AM_SOS Newbie
    None

Sep 30, 2012
    Hi all,

This has to do with maximising the long term battery life by charging it the right way.

On the one hand, I've heard a lot about taking a phone battery from 100 to nearly 0 % to maximise its life. I have adhered to this method on all my past (non-smartphone) phones and generally come up with good results.

On the other hand, I have recently come across a very different opinion on this issue. Apparently, the best way to charge a smartphone battery is to maintain it between 80 to 40 % charge, with the usual 100 to 0 % cycle once a month.

Now I am mixed up as to the best way to charge the Moto G battery so that its charge capacity depletes as slowly as possible.

Any thought?

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. balders

balders Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 13, 2010
    Hampshire, England
    Use it and change it when it tells you to or about 15% ish or just charge it every night. Do what ever makes you happy. When its bust and doesn't hold a charge for longer than 24 hours then chuck it and buy a new one. Oh the joys of having a cheap phone.

Motorola Moto G (1st Gen)

The first generation Moto G was the released in November of 2013. The phone was the first in Motorola's new mid-range line that targeted the sweet spot between specs and pricing. It originally built for emerging markets, but also saw success as a low-priced Android phone option in other parts of the world. The Moto G 1st Gen features Features 4.5-inch LCD display, Snapdragon 400 processor, 16GB storage, 1GB RAM. 5MP rear/1.3MP front facing cameras, and a removable 2,070 mAh battery.