1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Maximum power saving mode

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by XXHHXX, Feb 21, 2021.

1. XXHHXX

XXHHXX Lurker

Hi all,

I wish to count my steps and specifically use the PACER app in maximum power saving mode.
    I have set the special access to allow use in data saver and this has not rectified it and allowed all permissions, but when I turn the power saver on it does not count steps any ideas how to sort this?
    Tia

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I've not really used this mode myself, but I suspect power saver mode shuts down the sensors in your phone, to save battery consumption. And this includes the accelerometer, which is used to count your steps based on movement. Immediate solution is not to use power saver while you're working out with this Pacer app, or other pedometer and health tracker apps.

Data saver is only really for reducing the amount of wireless data your phone uses, like for if you have a limited allowance from your carrier. But that shouldn't affect health tracker apps though.

XXHHXX, ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.

Samsung Galaxy A40 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy A40 release date was April 2019. Features and Specs include a 5.9" inch screen, 16MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 7904 processor, and 3100mAh battery.

April 2019
Release Date
Reviews